Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking very good!
    E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Thanks. I got the backboard done with the leather supplied by LSeat. I wish the piece was a little bigger. It just barely wraps around the edges but it'll be fine. Maybe I will stretch it out a bit next time for better fitment.

Can't wait to take it for a drive with the new leather.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 10-19-2019, 11:50 AM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

what kind of glue did you use for the cardboard?

Comment

Again: Looks very good!
          E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
            what kind of glue did you use for the cardboard?
            Dap contact cement in a can. I also have some spray adhesive but i think the contact cement works better. I think the spray is better suited for foam vs bare leather. Thanks! Now, I am waiting on Krylon plastic paint to arrive so I can refurbish the seat belt receptacle button. It will be the finishing touch.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              Now, I am waiting on Krylon plastic paint to arrive so I can refurbish the seat belt receptacle button. It will be the finishing touch.
              Take a heat gun to the plastic receptacle button it will bring the color back to it.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post

Take a heat gun to the plastic receptacle button it will bring the color back to it.
                Already tried. That method didn't work for me on my 84-85 early style receptacle. The plastic itself has faded. It's not a chalky layer of oxidation that just needs to be removed. I've cleaned and buffed it but the color will not return. Just going to paint them.

Comment

Will it be at SoCal Vintage? Join us for the caravan
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yes, I will be there, hopefully with this car. The seat is all done and ready to go back into the car. I had to wait for the right Krylon plastic paint to refresh my belt recepticle. Turned out great!

Before:

After:

Comment

dang seat looks very nice. just one question did you add any options to the leather seats when ordering them like line piping or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        dang seat looks very nice. just one question did you add any options to the leather seats when ordering them like line piping or anything?
                        Thanks. I don't remember but I showed them a pic of the stock seats and they sent the exact kit I needed which is the standard E30 sport seat pattern with vertical stitching with piping on the side bolsters. I think their kit can be had with or without the piping.

Here are the seats together in the car.

There are some minor adjustments that I need to make, like how the leather folds along the top on the drivers seat, etc but I am happy with how everything turned out. The LSeat leather is thicker than stock and textured. The pieces aren't 1:1 copies of the originals but they are close enough. For the money, it's hard to beat and what a difference it makes.
                        Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-14-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

a cool interior

anyone need any oem seat bolsters ?
                          cloth or leather,,,,

I have a good few ! available,

Comment

Haven't posted in a while but I sent the car off to Bimmerheads to do the headgasket which was the cause of my overheating problems while I worked on my turbo 2.8 stroker for my M tech convertible. Luckily, the head was still good but the engine needed a lot of work and much of what I had done already was being done over due to the head coming off. I've asked the shop I got the engine from to warranty the headgasket and associated labor like they said they would but we'll see. Anyway, the heater core decided to take a piss on the way back from Bimmerheads lol. Thankfully, I was able to make it home and swap it out without incident. I keep telling myself it's a 35 year old car.

Anyway, the style 5's I had on the car are starting to become an eyesore. The microclear coat on the lips has started to crack making the lips look hazy and the chromed bolts are starting to rust after 10 years. So I took the wheels and adapters off and installed a set of 16" Alpina's. It's been over 20 years since I've ran 16's and I must admit, I like how they ride. I must be getting old. Just don't like the cost of tires! I've always liked the look of the SA 333i and the Alpina's complete the look. Not as flashy but classy, period correct and perfect fitment. What do you guys think?

Comment

Looks awesome and sophisticated with the Alpinas. Although it did look great with the style fives as well.
                              E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Barry, are you running a later model radiator and expansion tank:

Comment

Working...
                                X