Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'90 325i S52 to S54 '06 Z4M w/ ZF 6 Speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Thanks guys!

    Seriously stoked.

    I am debating fixing the 2 cracks that just started in my dash, or buying new, but new IS NOT in the budget until AFTER it drives.

    Only 3 more items to add to the OP that are Z4M specific which I wish others had measured to share with the rest of us plebs: Driveshaft, Trans support and shifter linkage.

    Killed the battery last night as I left the trunk open since the video was posted. Forgot about the trunk lights. Oops.

    Roznic convinced me to drink beers and enjoy friends instead of fixing a couple fuel lines during last nights news as well ;-) Thanks bud! :-D
    Last edited by R3Z3N; 11-09-2016, 08:06 PM.

    Comment


      #47
      [emoji869]
      Anytime

      Comment


        #48
        need picture update


        -
        Project
        Parts for Sale
        Feedback
        YouTube Channel

        Comment


          #49
          Now to put everything back just as it was! Yipes.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Now to put everything back just as it was! Yipes.
            Almost done w interior. I'll do pic this weekend. Need to make non janky b+ near DME then dash goes back in.

            Comment


              #51
              No mention about clocks thou. lol

              we have something similar to this in our squadron bar.

              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                No mention about clocks thou. lol

                we have something similar to this in our squadron bar.
                Clocks?
                Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-02-2016, 07:53 PM.

                Comment


                  #53
                  You had a photo of a work bench and on the wall it had about 6 different clocks
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

                  Comment


                    #54
                    ^Interesting. I don't know of that wall ;-)

                    No updates this weekend. Out sick

                    Looking for a small/nice power distribution block to install above the glovebox for the B+ junction. Only want one hot coming from B+ through firewall. Preferably with plugs instead of screw terminals for ease of maintenance.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Not going to be any updates this weekend either :-( My IT shop is remodeling and gotta spearhead that before Monday's reopening.

                      On the car note, I hate wiring. Just doing the 5 or so relay wires for AC dampen my spirit, and now going to need to wire George Graves Wide and Narrowband with an LC-1, along with Bavrest digital voltmeter into the cluster with Oil Temp and Pressure. Pics of that in about 3 weeks maybe.

                      Oh, AKG DTM shifter also arriving next week to finalize the shifter setup.

                      Anyone ever hear of adding the gear position sensor to a GS6-37BZ for the DME to read from the ZF? I know its done for the ZF 6 speed, just need to tap a hole if one had the SMG. I don't want my S54 to freerev in neutral, and the starter inhibitor function if also not in neutral.
                      Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-08-2016, 10:41 PM.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                        Not going to be any updates this weekend either :-( My IT shop is remodeling and gotta spearhead that before Monday's reopening.

                        On the car note, I hate wiring. Just doing the 5 or so relay wires for AC dampen my spirit, and now going to need to wire George Graves Wide and Narrowband with an LC-1, along with Bavrest digital voltmeter into the cluster with Oil Temp and Pressure. Pics of that in about 3 weeks maybe.

                        Oh, AKG DTM shifter also arriving next week to finalize the shifter setup.

                        Anyone ever hear of adding the gear position sensor to a GS6-37BZ for the DME to read from the ZF? I know its done for the ZF 6 speed, just need to tap a hole if one had the SMG. I don't want my S54 to freerev in neutral, and the starter inhibitor function if also not in neutral.
                        You can code DME to not use it.

                        Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                          You can code DME to not use it.
                          ^Finding that out. Unfortunatly having a hard time locating it in my DME partial dump. User Tap sent me an XDF that is pretty accurate (a few mistakes his XDFofA2L program made), but does not have that scalar nor the cruise control scalars documented. Quite fun to learn. Found/enabled E36 chassis mode.

                          I believe I am looking for:
                          1)K_FGR_CONFIG (address varies based on program version) to "0" (tells the DME that there's a cruise stalk instead of buttons)
                          2) Set K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL (0x4028 in MSS54, and 0x802A in MSS54HP) to "2" (tells DME clutch switch is wired directly to the DME instead of in series with the "gear position" sensor in the transmission)
                          3) You may have to alter the speed signal (K_V_WEGIMUPLSZAHL) DONE and gear detection (K_GANG_GRENZE_#_# and K_S_GANG#_NV_MIN/MAX) depending on where you pull the speed signal from, what diff ratio you're running, and what tire seizes you're running.


                          Found and altered K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL (0x4028?). Looking for K_FGR_CONFIG, K_GANG_GRENZE_#_# and K_S_GANG#_NV_MIN/MAX
                          Changed speed control source to direct (K_V_CONTROL) and altered K_V_WEGIMUPLSZAHL for a 9 tooth diff for tire size 235/40/17 value 4626 (hex value 1212) (diff sensor pulses/km)

                          I'm thinking once everything is buttoned up, to utilize your dyno tuning services and maybe find/fix any mistakes in coding I may have made. Been documenting each change and where it was in hex.

                          BTW if anyone else is doing hex editing, I am more than willing to help as well, though finding info outside of MSS54 v2801 will be limited. However utilizing Comprehensive MSS54 thread, I can help one with an XDF to submit to the xdf project for a comprehensive quite accurate xdf from User tap. I won't do it for you as the point is for one to understand XDF/hex, but I can discuss over phone/pm how to do it.
                          Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-15-2016, 10:12 PM.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                            ^Finding that out. Unfortunatly having a hard time locating it in my DME partial dump. User Tap sent me an XDF that is pretty accurate (a few mistakes his XDFofA2L program made), but does not have that scalar nor the cruise control scalars documented. Quite fun to learn. Found/enabled E36 chassis mode.

                            I'm thinking once everything is buttoned up, to utilize your dyno tuning services and maybe find/fix any mistakes in coding I may have made. Been documenting each change and where it was in hex.
                            :p

                            K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL
                            TXTEQ(x::0 1 aus V-Fz :1 1 aus S_Gang :2 1 aus S_Kuppl )
                            Units- "-"
                            Function: System_Kontrolle SizeChange: 0
                            0=by vehicle speed, 1=by gear, 2=by Clutch; kraft = 'power or force' (?)


                            Look forward to hearing from you if i can be of assistance. Very cool swap.

                            Check Us out on Facebook
                            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                            Full Product Line Tuning
                            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                              :p

                              K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL
                              TXTEQ(x::0 1 aus V-Fz :1 1 aus S_Gang :2 1 aus S_Kuppl )
                              Units- "-"
                              Function: System_Kontrolle SizeChange: 0
                              0=by vehicle speed, 1=by gear, 2=by Clutch; kraft = 'power or force' (?)


                              Look forward to hearing from you if i can be of assistance. Very cool swap.
                              Hoping done in a couple months. However I keep getting delayed ;-) Happen to have a hex address for the other 2 or 3? Found K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL @ 0x4028. I have the orig MSS54 A2L, but the A2L does not have this function, and of course searching for a 1 bit value of 00-02 yields a TON of locations I have an MSS54 (nonHP) v 2801.

                              Though, I don't want to take away from your services as I know your value.
                              Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-15-2016, 11:01 PM.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                those are a lot of words and letters you guys are throwing around haha Im excited to see this finished too. Bummed I couldnt see it in person when I was out there. Im sure I will get a chance again once its done. Keep it up
                                Simon
                                Current Car:
                                -2002 MR2 Spyder


                                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X