No announcement yet.

'90 325i S52 to S54 '06 Z4M w/ ZF 6 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some driving video, but the camera shifted so...sorry.

In the mean time, sent my guage cluster back to Bavarian Restoration to make the digital stealth gauges and CEL brighter (the CEL should be the same but they remove the light "director" clear plastic. They will add a remote adjustable Speedometer as mine was 15% off, which will be nice between my 2 tire sizes. Then change the Tach such that 8k is at 9 o'clock. With the smaller wheel and my 6'3" height, I can't see the top of the gauges.

Having the 6 speed is awesome with this. 1rst gear is useless, but I knew that, I wish I knew how to adjust the antibucking table, and adjust the tables that account for how much energy is stored up in the engine to wheels, but one can't simply weigh items and do a little math.

I was getting on an onramp, hit a slight bump in 2nd and next I am at ~30ยบ drift due to accidentally kicking the throttle, and reigned it back it by backing off but staying part throttle. A little hairy but only because I haven't raced for 3 yrs multiple times a month with the kart and this. I look forward to some Dunlop Direzza ZIIIs soon.

Once on track, I will bring several sets of springs to change front and rear, and probably get some more race worthy dampers. The Koni SA have treated me well, but it's time to step up and get data logging going to dial it in per event.
    Last edited by R3Z3N; 04-03-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

awesome. just awesome. "1st gear is useless, but I knew that" I loled.
      You probably mentioned it somewhere but what diff ratio are you running?
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        awesome. just awesome. "1st gear is useless, but I knew that" I loled.
        You probably mentioned it somewhere but what diff ratio are you running?
        What is your gearing again? I lowered mine to 3.46 and I still think its useless lol!
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

scary. hitting a bump, bumping the gas pedal and then going sideways? jeez, that would make you clench your butt cheeks i'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            scary. hitting a bump, bumping the gas pedal and then going sideways? jeez, that would make you clench your butt cheeks i'm sure.

Hahahahaha, I donโ€™t think youโ€™d have time to send a message to your butt cheeks lol

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
              Hahahahaha, I donโ€™t think youโ€™d have time to send a message to your butt cheeks lol
              You're probably right! Sounds like California's version of black ice; over powered RWD vehicles. Haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Running a 3.73 with ~40% lockup.

I had my dailies on which are 215/40/17 Sumimoto HZ2s. My Track and Show tires are 235/40/17. I believe I am running 3* all around or a little more, I need another alignment to verify. It tracks straight, but the steering wheel is pointed left a touch, not enough that realigning the steering wheel will fix it.

I chose this gearing as it should be great for autoX, its intended purpose, yet also pretty damn good on track, and the highway 6th gear cruising is perfect. At fontana with the S52 I was 140mph in the Roval and the back end was light. Yay boxy aero!

I do wish for another 100hp though. Alas I think it would be better to go with a better chassis that can fit 315+ all around.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bavarian Restoration hooked it up again! I wanted my LED gauges brighter, so he removed the tint. Then he added a remote adjustable speedometer so that I can fix the error depending on tire sizes I am running. Should have it by Sat, then I will adjust the E30 IG rev counter so that it better works with my coolant temps and add a day/night switch, or possibly wire it into the headlight switch with a relay.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                    Bavarian Restoration hooked it up again! I wanted my LED gauges brighter, so he removed the tint. Then he added a remote adjustable speedometer so that I can fix the error depending on tire sizes I am running. Should have it by Sat, then I will adjust the E30 IG rev counter so that it better works with my coolant temps and add a day/night switch, or possibly wire it into the headlight switch with a relay.

Noice

Comment

Do they sell the bezels and digital readouts individually?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

^Call/Email them. It's more than a simple install however.

Comment

Seriously badass. Is that an e30cca logo?
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                            Seriously badass. Is that an e30cca logo?
                            Looks like the R3V logo with "e30" instead.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              Dropped off Little Red Riding Hood at the exhaust shop. You can see some clear coat that has to be fixed...

I always wondered what those wheels looked like on an E30. Definitely not disappointed. Those looks badass!

Gorgeous car man! Super jelly. Keep up the good work.
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Got the cluster back! However I forgot to order the wires/pin header needed to give myself day/night mode on the E30 IG Rev lights....should arrive friday. So hopefully sat I will get the car running, throw on the BBS RSs and take it to SB Cars and Coffee again with some video as I also picked up a mic for my gopro equivalent.

Comment

Working...
                                X