No announcement yet.

'90 325i S52 to S54 '06 Z4M w/ ZF 6 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a video update for you guys! Just need to fix the misfire (check my grounds I believe) and bring to the shop for exhaust/smog. Sorry for the rambling, I am exhausted with a migraine.

https://youtu.be/iU2CS7lCOTo

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      Got a video update for you guys! Just need to fix the misfire (check my grounds I believe) and bring to the shop for exhaust/smog. Sorry for the rambling, I am exhausted with a migraine.

https://youtu.be/iU2CS7lCOTo
      Do you not have an exhaust on it now or was that the misfire?
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

No exhaust yet, and yes the misfire. It would randomly run fine 1 out of 3 times. I am guessing I need to check my grounds. Tried new coilpacks already. I tried to keep grounds as separated as possible. Any grounds were wire brushed to metal and cleaned with alcohol. The 3 main points I used were Shock Tower, Glove box mount (where the left strap holds to), and the worrisome one is the right glovebox area where the dash bolts to with a body nut. I want it all quite modular and easily removable.

As the CEL is grounded only via the CAN, I bet that is through the worrisome dash ground. For the LED's I remember I tinned the wires and melted them together vs twisting them together after splaying them out a little, then tinning.

Comment

Besides buttoning it all up, I did have some fun. I installed all new 6 seat shocks. Not a bad job at all. Disappointed when pushing for seat height I don't bounce out of the car like the ejection seat from KITT.

KITT's Ejector Seat

Comment

Decided I needed proper documentation on how I wired a few things for troubleshooting, learned this last night at 1am. Coffee!!!

Last edited by R3Z3N; 01-22-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Dropped off Little Red Riding Hood at the exhaust shop. You can see some clear coat that has to be fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                Dropped off Little Red Riding Hood at the exhaust shop. You can see some clear coat that has to be fixed...

Looking good though!
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to this!
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Decided once I get the car back, I will add the PWM fan module so that there is less shock to the wiring/electronics with the huge 16" Spal 30102048 fan. I'll start documenting what is needed, and make another wiring chart for that for the Can controller and DME so that it's visual.

Hopefully I bought the right connector for the AC Pressure sensor, real OEM is piss poor for finding connectors/pins imo as I wish they were cross referenced as to what is compatible. Otherwise off to the junkyard or buying the harness and snipping it for 1 plug.

Comment

You just read my mind from across the world, wild...

Im in China at the moment, but Im very interested about your plug and wiring information. Im looking for the coolant temp sensor plug in the lower rad hose too, if you know where to source that. I think I got it figured out but I feel you may be more of an electrical wizard than I aha

Comment

Notes for later when the car is back, will be input into OP once verified and pics taken.

Items needed to control AUX fan with ECU such that Aux fan will be triggered for engine temp, engine speed and AC Load/Request:

PWM fan Module from E46.
                        •P/N: 64546988914
                        Not sold separately from fan, but can be found parted out elsewhere such as ebay. Choose your 2 and 3 pole connectors. I found a stock E46 harness clipped to length on ebay.

A/C Pressure Sensor & Connector
                        • P/N: 64536909257 Sensor
                        • P/N: 61132359998 Connector
                        Connects to Gary's CAN controller. Easiest? to have stock E30 temp sensor cut and welded closed, then tapped for the E46 versions threads.

Lower Rad Temp Sensor and Temp Sensor wiring connector (need connector part/pins)
                        •P/N: 13621433076
                        Needs to be in lower rad outlet IE via 38mm? (or 36mm, not sure) rad hose joiner with thread for temp sensor such as this from Amazon This adapter needs to be tapped for M12x1.5

Wiring schematic to come for Gary's Can controller, X60004, and chassis side. I wont be able to install this for at least several months though for pics.
                        Last edited by R3Z3N; 01-28-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

For the pressure sensor check out what I did on the last page of my thread, if you want you could send me your sensor and I can modify it. Granted it hasnt been tested... But also, there are adapters, 1/8npt to whatever the pressure sensor is. I found one that came with my VDO gauges, but the adapter wouldn't incorporate the E46 O-ring which may not be a concern if thread sealant is used.

Comment

Just read this from start to finish ... WOW - IMPRESSED.

If the M50 in my '88 M3 ever gives out I think I would try this.

Again - every so kewl.

Comment

So I said to myself, why finish later when this software trial ends tonight at midnight. After this it will cost me at least $7 for Visio, or $109 for a year of SmartDraw. So I whipped this up and added what is needed for a full MSS54/HP A/C and Aux Fan experience for the Gen 1 CAN board.

Comment

Verified AC Pressure sensor connector is P/N: 61132359998
                                Real-OEM is F*ing wrong.
                                Last edited by R3Z3N; 01-28-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X