Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some elbow room now!

They fill up quick!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Someone around here was selling an On3 SN95 Mustang 5.0 turbo kit for a damn nice price, decided to pick it up after checking it out.

Also came with this, though I'm not sure I'm gonna use it:

The headers exit out the front like I have to do already on my E30, so this is going to be a solid kit for the build. Should fix issues I was having trying to figure out how to run the exhaust too.

Comment

Removed the dash and entire wiring harness from the car today.

What came out:

What's going in:

The old harness was in bad shape, so many of the connectors crumbled when I touched them, so a new harness will be a welcome addition. This allows me to only have what I need in the harness as well, so it'll be much simpler in the end.

Comment

Loving the progress. The harness will be super nice when it's all finished!
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Finally towed with the Jeep today, it wasn't bad. Could use some sort of load leveling in the rear, but otherwise it towed this like nothing was there.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mRPUJaO.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	10052794 Bought a car hauler today.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	QxhvvKU.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	10068693
                Finally started running the new wiring harness, installed the fuse block in the same place as the stock unit. This one isn't really meant to be in the engine bay but I'm not anticipating this car seeing water, though I can easily make a housing for this as well.

Ran the main wire bundles roughly where they need to go and started wiring up the headlights. I have euro headlights but don't want to spend all the money on the euro wiring harnesses, so I'm rewiring the caps for each light directly instead of using a connector.

Will keep plugging away on this when I can, hopefully doesn't take ages to finish. I need to buy some loom wrap.

Comment

Bold move on the full harness! Looks pretty straightforward with that Painless setup. Maybe I missed it but what's the end use goal for this thing? Streetable track car?

When I was younger and worked in a body shop, a few of the guys there and their buddies were into turbo Fox body Mustangs... Pretty simple turbo setup and a mild build 302 would easily make 450+ whp and up.
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I haven't really figured out the goal yet, streetable is definitely part of it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X