No announcement yet.

86 eta 5.0 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe an adapter plate would work, I recall seeing that someone had done it before but I can't remember where. Sounds like you're on track to get it on the road though, and that's what really counts. As long as you don't powershift or go to the drag strip I think your T5 will last a while.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      I believe an adapter plate would work, I recall seeing that someone had done it before but I can't remember where. Sounds like you're on track to get it on the road though, and that's what really counts. As long as you don't powershift or go to the drag strip I think your T5 will last a while.
      I did see someone makes an adapter for the Getrag 265 to run on a 302, but was from another country, and quite expensive. That was what I wanted to do very early on.

Comment

Already have someone lined up to buy the 4R70W.

Comment

Part number: BF06G31

This will adapt a g265 to a 302. I believe you can use a standard 302 clutch kit. I have just started looking into this for my 331 swap. Both input shafts are 10-spline. I haven't figured out what to do for a pilot bushing yet but apparently this is a popular swap with racers in South Africa, so someone has a solution.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
            http://www.giloeng.com/
            Part number: BF06G31

This will adapt a g265 to a 302. I believe you can use a standard 302 clutch kit. I have just started looking into this for my 331 swap. Both input shafts are 10-spline. I haven't figured out what to do for a pilot bushing yet but apparently this is a popular swap with racers in South Africa, so someone has a solution.
            I don't have a 265 to start with, but yes this is the one I saw previously.

Comment

Just trying to help you out for when that T5 goes boom
              sigpic

Comment

4R70W sold tonight.

Comment

Subbed! I'm at the exact same part in my swap. Going a different route with the brakes and suspension

Comment

I wonder how much a Getrag 265 goes for these days... between that and the bellhousing adapter it's probably not cheap.

This is what I was talking about:
                    Всем привет ) Что то никто не делал, а я вот захотел )) расписывать особо не буду, просто мотор от форд бронко/мустанг и им подобным в Бмв )) переделан с инжектора на карб и все ещё ведутся доработки…

A simple adapter plate has this guy's 302 hooked up to a Getrag 260. This is the option that would have me V8 swapped, but I can't find any info on it anywhere. It wouldn't be a terribly complicated piece to have one made custom, but it would require access to the engine and transmission for measurements and mocking up - something I don't have.
                    Last edited by varg; 01-06-2018, 10:49 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

I emailed Gilo engineering in South Africa. They make and sell a bell housing for the G265 to small block Ford for $241. With shipping I'd guess it'd be $300 all said and done. I don't know what G265's go for these days because I haven't found one for sale yet. There is a couple m30's at my local u pull it. I think they want $150 for a trans. I hear they are stupid expensive to have rebuilt.

I've read g260's can hold 500hp. I'd love to find an adapter for that since I already have a g260 laying around. I wonder what that guy did you make up for the thickness of the adapter.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                        I wonder what that guy did you make up for the thickness of the adapter.
                        As far as I can tell, the pilot bearing of a 302 sits proud relative to the pilot bearing of an M20, and the G260 has a longer input shaft than a T5. I've seen them both separately plenty of times but never side by side so I could be wrong. That adapter plate thickness is probably necessary, not something to be made up for.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

There's a 265 on eBay right now for nearly $2000

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                            There's a 265 on eBay right now for nearly $2000
                            Thats wild, Then you need the bellhousing and all the external parts too lol For that price you may as well get a g-force upgrade kit for a t5 which is also good for 500hp.

Comment

Found a T5 bellhousing on eBay this morning for $65 shipped, jumped on it.

I may look into adapting the E46 ZF trans to the 302 in the future, pulled that out of my 330ci 5 years ago, probably not a bad choice.

edit: And found a $22 clutch fork. Just need clutch and flywheel now.
                              Last edited by Elysian; 01-10-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Started putting the camshaft in, but realized the cam kit didn't come with ANY install hardware... so I had to order a kit and a new thrust plate from RockAuto. Should be here later this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X