86 eta 5.0 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elysian View Post

I'm building a custom 3 piece set of style 5's, 10.5" front and 11" rear. The fronts may not tuck under the Pandem kit with the E46 lower control arms, but we'll see.
    I see you are going custom wheel size.
    Im using
    17x7.5 235-40-17
    17x8.5 275-40-17
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post

I see you are going custom wheel size.
      Im using
      17x7.5 235-40-17
      17x8.5 275-40-17
      This is what my style 5s looked like on the front in stock form with 96+ M3 lower control arms (edit: I think these were 245s):

Last edited by Elysian; 11-22-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

On one of my other e30 projects have e36 hubs on adapters kit on e30 struts. It pushes out 13mm. It worked on my e30 17x8.5 et13, but barely.
        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Going to keep Et20 wheels?

I have 17x9 ET30, And I see no way of making 20's work with proper rubber under stock fenders.

EDIT: I see the fenders now. :p
          Last edited by moatilliatta; 11-23-2021, 04:44 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Installed the diff, bolted the driveshaft and axles up, got the e-brake working, and bolted the fuel cell back in the trunk. Also finished the rear brake lines (not pictured when I took this shot). Big progress today.
            Last edited by Elysian; 11-27-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

My garage is as clean as its ever been, and I also took a moment to fill the motor with oil and prime the oil system, check for leaks in the oil pan I modified. Can report back, several hours after I filled it, zero oil spots. Oil pan is completely sealed and I'm extremely happy about that.

Comment

My other E30 is now ready to be taken away. I'm giving it to my buddy, who will no doubt turn it into a drift missile. Can't wait to see what he does.

Comment

And I finally transferred both titles on the E30s. I was really worried I'd have issues with both of them and not be able to transfer, but a friend of mine recommended a title service to me, went there and got it knocked out, paid some minor penalties for taking too long to transfer, and that's it.

So my red E30 no longer will have to be track only, I'll be able to register it, and for that I am extremely stoked.

My friend who is getting the blue one will also be able to street drive that one, and that is a huge win. I never thought the blue one would see the road again, but here we are!

Comment

The car that started this thread is now gone, my buddy hauled it off a bit ago. Glad it's going to a new owner who will have the time and will to work on it. I bet it'll be on the road again this year.

Comment

Picked up a winter beater/tow rig for the E30 today.

It's a 2005, has the 5.7l Hemi V8 and 4x4. Has 146k miles on it, runs flawlessly, drives great. Also traded our Golf 2.5 in on it as well, since we don't need to bring that to Ohio.

It's rated to pull 7200lbs, so more than enough headroom to haul my E30 or Miata to track days. It's been in central Texas its whole life so not a speck of rust on it. This specific configuration is kind of a unicorn in this area, most people are speccing these RWD or with smaller engines. Pretty excited about it. Going to go through it a bit, do some fluid changes and just check it over in general before we drive it the 1500 miles to our new home next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                        The car that started this thread is now gone, my buddy hauled it off a bit ago. Glad it's going to a new owner who will have the time and will to work on it. I bet it'll be on the road again this year.
                        Have him start a thread here too! It will be cool to see what happens with it
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Did some good work on the Jeep today. Replaced the old backup camera with a new one, replaced the grungy steering wheel (which had a cheap leather wrap put over the original leather) with a stock vinyl wheel, replaced one of the 12v outlets with a dual USB (one for data to the stereo and one for power only), fixed the steering wheel buttons not working on the stereo, added the OBD2 data to the stereo for the gauge screen, and cleaned the heck out of the interior.

Comment

Pulled it out into the driveway to mess with the HOA before we move The truck hauling it to Ohio will be here today or tomorrow. Also washed it a little bit, got most of the sawdust off it.

Comment

Got my E30 at my new home in Ohio

Comment

Quite a bit more space in that garage, nice!!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X