No announcement yet.

Half-Life | '91 DS 318iS Slicktop | Track & Weekend Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, because no matter what trim level of car you have (this is a 318iS), you have to run what was the base model trim for the model series. In that case it's a 1991 318i sedan, no rear spoiler, "i" front lip. Obviously the iS front and rear spoilers aren't going to make any performance difference, but the lower front lip looks way better.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
      No, because no matter what trim level of car you have (this is a 318iS), you have to run what was the base model trim for the model series. In that case it's a 1991 318i sedan, no rear spoiler, "i" front lip. Obviously the iS front and rear spoilers aren't going to make any performance difference, but the lower front lip looks way better.
      Ah, gotcha, and agreed. It's amazing how much better iS lips look to me too.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

RISING EDGE
        🏁 Let's drive fast and have fun.
        ✏ New article every Thursday!
        πŸ“² Subscribe for free or read online @ risingxedge.com

Here is some of the latest content from Rising Edge. There's a bunch of new articles, so I flagged my favorites with 🎈

🎈 The Iterative Process of Track Car Ergonomics
        ​Improve your driving comfort and performance with these cabin ergonomics tips. Learn how adjusting your seat, steering wheel, pedals, and more can enhance your connection with the car and increase focus on the track. Don't overlook the importance of comfort for a better driving experience.

Friday Nights @ The Track
        Something a bit different from the normal post: this one is a bit of a narrative or stream of conscious post about why Friday nights at the track at the best.

🎈 Dissecting: PTG E36 M3
        An original PTG M3 sold on Bring a Trailer recently, and over 260 detailed photos were shared in the auction. This article dissects some of things we saw and learned about the car.

TT6 Campaign Update
        When switching the # 74 car from TT5 down to TT6, I had no idea if such a comparatively heavy car would be competitive for the class. Here we go over how the campaign has gone so far.

How To Improve Your Track Videos
        Sports action cameras can be confusing. Learn practical tips to make your in-car track videos better.

An Intro To String Alignments
        As you've seen in this thread, I've taken to aligning my cars at home using a string setup. This intro post goes over why and how you may consider doing the same yourself.

RE State of the Fleet
        Going over what's been going on with my cars over the last year or so. This article is a little bit out of date already, but still a worthy read.

🎈 GridLife Delivers On The Hype
        I did my first GridLife event early this year, and was truly blown away by the experience. It has me questioning everything I've done and been working towards with competitive driving. This is a long one, but if you are a track guy or racer, you should read it.

🎈 Slick Tire & Aero Device Myths
        Slicks and aero have a lot of misconceptions around them. As you come up through HPDE, you'll hear a lot of good and bad things about both. This article attempts to dispel some of the things you may have heard about them.

String Alignments II: The How and The Why
        Part II of the string alignment series dives further into why you may want to try this yourself, what gets measured, and why it is helpful.

Setup For Aero: My Thought Process
        My # 73 E30 is the first car that I've driven and setup for aero, and I'm sharing what I learn as I go. The car was not perfect in it's first outing, so I share my game plan for what is next.

Roll Cage Door Bar Design
        I love to nerd out about roll cages. This article goes over the pros and cons of the most popular door bar designs for road racing cages.

🎈 Sim Racing: 4 Critical Tips
        Since buying my sim rig last year, I've been all-in on iRacing. These 4 pillars of my sim racing have helped me get into the top 5% of racers on the service in my first 6 months racing.

Watch The Replay: An Easy Way to Get Faster and Drive Smarter
        There's a lot that can be learned and observed by watching our own in-car footage, but most of it just gets binned. Here is why we should watch all, or most of our on-track footage.

Data, Data, and More Data
        We are swimming in data. It surrounds every aspects of our lives. Thus far I have chosen to ignore the data I've generated in my track driving. Am I dumb for doing so? Probably.

On Recognizing Progress
        I've been pretty hard on myself, especially when it comes to my motivation (or lack there of) to work on my cars. This article explores the other side of that: using my build thread and my blog to track my progress, and seeing that I'm actually making a lot of it.
        ​

​
        THANK YOU to those that have checked out the site and subscribed to receive the articles for free in your inbox! Just knowing that anybody reads them or gets anything out of them keeps me going.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Lots to catch up on for the second half of 2023.

The black #74 has sat in storage

The grey #73 was sold recently

I bought an E90 (well, two)

I got my NASA racing license

I'm racing Gridlife Touring Cup in the E90 next year

RISING EDGE has grown a lot (but it's still free! sign up plz)

More to come soon

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
          X