No announcement yet.

Lagunengrun 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually thinking about that when putting the sticker on. I was just getting into middle school, not even thinking about cars. Pretty sure I had never ever seen an e30 at this point in my life. Lol

Comment

I've got a hard start issue. I am pretty sure it is either the check relief valve or leaky fuel injectors. When I go to start the car after sitting awhile it takes awhile to start. If ai get in and start cranking it takes forever and doesnt start well, but if I get in crank stop, crank stop, crank stop then try and start it usually fire up quickly.

Also, picked up a new tv yesterday. Barely fit in the e30, not sure what we were thinking taking this car.

Comment

Fuel pump.

Comment

How big is that TV?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

You think fuel pump? Seems to run perfect without any sputtering at highway speeds etc. Seems more like a loss of pressure or leak somewhere.

TV is 49". Wouldn't recommend transporting like this if you're driving a manual. There wasn't much room for my arm to move.

Comment

Just bought Frank's m60 v8 swap guide.... I guess it is time to start collecting parts, good thing it is deal season!

Comment

Ivvy The Lagunengrun 325i

Got some new wheels from Simon (2mAn). ESM 007 16x8 205/50

Before (only one):

After:

Comment

Damn, it looks so good! Glad it worked out fairly easy to get the wheels moved 500 something miles! haha
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Had zero issues on Simons end getting the wheels, definitely a good way to get large items up/down california.

I just went and got an alignment, car drives a lot better, however still pulls slightly to the right and steering still seems stiff. Possibly a weak ps pump or bad rack, Ill get a pic of my alignment specs up soon.

Bad pic

I wish I never got rid of the 3.0 ltl rack I had. Is rackdoctor the best place to get one of these? Ill probably delete ps for now and get a rebuilt rack to swap in with the m60.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                      Just bought Frank's m60 v8 swap guide.... I guess it is time to start collecting parts, good thing it is deal season!
                      Come join us in the V8 swap section and start reading!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Already went through 3-4 threads, your including. I will make a post soon as black friday is coming and I plan to buy a bunch if swap parts and maintenance parts for the m60. It's going to be a long journey I am sure.

Comment

Ordered placed from Garagistic
                          - Strut bar
                          - IS splitter
                          - PS delete
                          - Motometer gears
                          - rack swap kit

Also been doing more research on motor swaps and I cannot decide which route I want to go with this car. Its between m60, m30, or 2.8L stroker. The stroker and m30 are things I've been wanting to do since I got into e30s over 5 years ago, but these options are a little outdated (so to speak). M30 and stroker will be a breeze to swap and I could probably do that in a weekend or two given I have all the parts needed. M60 on the other hand... will most likely take months to complete once torn down, be more expensive, and I will most likely not BAR legalize it for a year or so after the swap would be complete so that I can use garagistic x5 manifolds for simplicity.

Comment

Ive got a super loud whine coming from my gas tank, figured since I was having starting issues it was the fuel pump. Put in a low mile pump and its still whining. The gas tank looks pretty hazy inside so I assume there is a decent amount of rust in there. Don't want to replace the tank but its lookin like I should.

I read sometimes the fuel lines are clogged and I can spray compressed air down them to free them up. Which lines do I spray air into?

Comment

Had some time to work on the car today. Didnt get much done but went through the fuel system and decided I need to replace the gas tank. I ordered a new spectra bm1b which should be here early January.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                                ...I need to replace the gas tank. I ordered a new spectra bm1b which should be here early January.
                                replace the rubber fuel lines while your in there. It's probably also worth replacing fuel pumps. I don't know enough about the bm1b fuel tanks in relation to the fuel pump set up, but I know that the bm1a tanks had a primer pump and an main pump... mine new cost $300, but mine also work fine, you might want to convert yours.
                                Paynemw
                                1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                                the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                                1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Working...
                                X