No announcement yet.

An Emerald in the Rough - 12/1986 Dinan M5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see the turbo kit go, but OTOH it's nice to be able to enjoy the car now.

All too often I hear horror stories about "tuners" that ruin the taste in people's mouths about boost. A competent tuner should be able to drive a running car on a dyno and be done in a couple/few hours. On the flip side of the coin, have had cars come in the shop that "just needs a tune to get running" and ended up costing thousands fixing other shops lack of abilities.

Such a cool car! I actually kinda like the color too - have a soft spot for green for some reason.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Thanks all. Been really enjoying driving it everywhere I can this week. No plans for euro bumpers - to do the conversion properly is a lot of work and I cannot see doing it to a green car...and if I'm going to the effort of repainting it black, the diving boards are 100% staying.

John, I totally agree with you and it 100% soured what little interest I had in forced induction. Too bad, but it is what it is. The green is actually growing on me too, lol.
      Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
      @autobahnmotorsport
      '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

Comment

I think it's time to find some proper stock M5 wheels. Those are too big on the car. :)
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Were you by chance cruising on 26 by Hood today? I saw a green E28M5 and thought it had to be you.
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread

Comment

Ha!! That was I. Took the lady and doggos for a long drive.
            @autobahnmotorsport
            '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
              Ha!! That was I. Took the lady and doggos for a long drive.
              How funny. There was a beautiful R107 cruising behind you. I saw a minty zinno late Vert 3mins before I saw you by Ramona.

The car looked great, man!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                How funny. There was a beautiful R107 cruising behind you. I saw a minty zinno late Vert 3mins before I saw you by Ramona.

The car looked great, man!
                Yup, I passed him coming down Hwy 35. It looked pretty nice. I saw the cabrio, too. Had no idea you were in town - you should have said something! Would be great to meet up.
                @autobahnmotorsport

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

Yup, I passed him coming down Hwy 35. It looked pretty nice. I saw the cabrio, too. Had no idea you were in town - you should have said something! Would be great to meet up.
                  We are doing a hiking trip all over Oregon! The lady has never been- my brother and sis are also out here with us (my Sister has spent the last ten summers in Govy). I will have some time to kill on Saturday afternoon by PDX before our flight departs. If you’ll be around I could drop by!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

We are doing a hiking trip all over Oregon! The lady has never been - my brother and sis are also out here with us (my Sister has spent the last ten summers in Govy). I will have some time to kill on Saturday afternoon by PDX before our flight departs. If you’ll be around I could drop by!
                    Oh, that's rad! Hope you guys had a nice time.

That works well! I am not far from the airport - about 10 minutes down the road. Would love to meet you!
                    @autobahnmotorsport

Comment

Working...
                    X