No announcement yet.

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to drive the damn car!... I actually didnt replace all 4 of the bolts, the one I didnt was a bitch on the initial install, so Im leaving it for now. I will tackle it another day
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

damn, this car is cool. I wasted like 2 hours at work reading this thread from the beginning, lol.

It's such a breath of fresh air after all the nonsense we endure now where if your car isn't turbo, AWD, and 800hp, there's no point in driving it (even if "driving" means putting it in D, pointing the steering wheel straight, and flooring it).
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        damn, this car is cool. I wasted like 2 hours at work reading this thread from the beginning, lol.

It's such a breath of fresh air after all the nonsense we endure now where if your car isn't turbo, AWD, and 800hp, there's no point in driving it (even if "driving" means putting it in D, pointing the steering wheel straight, and flooring it).
        Thanks Nando

I gave up chasing BHP a while ago, I just want to enjoy my cars and Ive found that a sub200bhp car can be more fun than a 4-500bhp car because theres simply no place to enjoy that much power.

Driving a car this old and working on it too has its pluses and minuses. For example, its really rewarding when the car starts, luckily this one actually does that, eventually...
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

I'd also add that when you do work on the car the improvements are extremely noticeable. That also helps make the effort worth it I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            I'd also add that when you do work on the car the improvements are extremely noticeable. That also helps make the effort worth it I think.
            Im not 100% sure but I think that front swaybar is BAD-ASS. I will test it more tomorrow.

I drove it today for a quick errand. Shes pretty dusty.

I will drive it to work tomorrow. I might even clean her.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

It's so teeny tiny. [emoji16]

Comment

Had some successful drives the last few days. No issues, even after getting stuck in a traffic jam after the Rams game on my way home today.

Took it to the Petersen Museum this morning for their Breakfast Cruise-In

After that I took it to school and on the way home, I finally cleared 28000 miles on the odometer which officially means Ive put over 2000 miles on this car. I hope to put a lot more in this next year. Fingers crossed...
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Good deal! I lived on Ogden 2 blocks from the Peterson in the early 80s, never went there.

My 40k I was the second owner virtually perfect '72 Tii was totaled at Whitworth and Fairfax in '82, damn red light runners.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

You know you don't watch sports when you says the Rams game and I start wondering if you live in St. Louis...

Comment

I can't believe they came back. When I was a kid their office ws on Olympic near Beverly Glen. I'd skateboard pst it going to the park.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                        I can't believe they came back. When I was a kid their office ws on Olympic near Beverly Glen. I'd skateboard pst it going to the park.
                        Seems like LAs traffic got worse and I didn't even know that was possible. Imagine a Dodgers game, Rams game, Lakers game, and a Galaxy game all in the same weekend. Isn't that what happened this last weekend?

Comment

Well, to be fair my school is right around the corner from the Stadium that the Rams are currently playing at and the game had just gotten out.

Their new stadium is being built a little over a mile away from house now, but we are tucked away from where most of that chaos will be.

fun side note: one particularly spicy Latina had no shame staring at me in the Roadster while I was sitting there. :pimp:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Well, I guess, she just wanted a ride. :devil:
                            1990 325i
                            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                            sigpic

Comment

Haha! She wanted a ride I'm sure.

Comment

Drove it to work today

... and met up with another Roadster owner for lunch...

it’s sick how clean his car is compared to mine but it’s all good..

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X