A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
    Dude...that sucks! Last time AAA towed my car, the dude popped the clutch and smashed the front valence into the towbed. I was able to get the towing company to pay for the repairs with some legal language my brother gave me and numerous emails/calls. Hit me up if you want me to see what I sent.
    I might need to have those details. Ive contacted AAA and also the tow yard to see if they can get it fixed. So far nothing, but its only been a day. The Tow Yard Manager is supposed to reach out to me in the next two hours.

PM me that legal language!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Let’s start with good news!.. my Type 4 Mikuni’s are rebuilt and ready

Look good, don’t they?!.. now back to the car

Well, a visit to the car at Purpose Built Motors and saw my hurt Lady. With my Type4s ready I figured removing my recently rebuilt Type2 Mikunis could come off and give me a 2 for 1 benefit. First is to get them to their patient new owner and second is to confirm that none of the bolts got sucked in and were the culprit... and that’s the second bit of good news as they were all still installed and not ingested by the motor.

A familiar pic I’ve seen once or twice before, nearly an annual affair at this point!

Finally, a special shoutout to Harlan, because without his help I’d be up a creek without a paddle... I should have a nice update this coming Friday...

Sadly this update isn’t without its bad news. The crack in the shoddy repair work has gotten worse and the tow company hasn’t replied to my request. AAA will be hearing from me on Monday as yesterday was the deadline for the tow company to make it right before AAA steps in. Fingers crossed that they will make things right.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Well.... AAA denied my claim so not only am I going to be out of pocket for the repair (which should be moving quickly soon) but Im stuck with the body damage.

Question: Is it possible that I actually DID damage the vehicle myself on this drive? Maybe a hard bump or something like that? Nothing wild comes to mind, but the road surface did suck
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Question: Is it possible that I actually DID damage the vehicle myself on this drive? Maybe a hard bump or something like that? Nothing wild comes to mind, but the road surface did suck
          No way. Not unless you hit something. But I have seen similar damage to a car strapped down that was poorly repaired before.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

yeah i agree it not something you wouldn't know about. you definitely didn't have the damage when you went autocrossing. there's a really clear shot of that quarter panel in your video. did any of your buddies on the azusa trip have a go pro too? but even then just the way the damage to the quarter panel occurred appears to be a side load not a vertical which really feels like a strap to me. i guess if there is any silver lining to this it's that i (and hopefully others too) will definitely make sure to photograph my car anytime it gets a tow.

Comment

I know the car is gone but what did you think about the new wheeler dealer episode on the roadster e.g., Volvo brakes. Was the car a good value?

Comment

At $14k sold with the work done that wasnt a bad deal at all. The most recent '69 that was sold on BaT sold for nearly $40k but that car was mint.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                X