Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    that really ties the room together.
    haha I have a bunch of license plates the need to go up too, but not sure how many holes I want to drill into being that this is not our final home
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dropped off the Roadster with Chilezen to have some changes done and he knocked this out of the park.

Amazing welding skills and absolutely lovely work. Great pics too!

With these Roll bar modifications done, Im one step closer to taking it to the track. Still a few more items to get done before Im happy with the status of the rollbar. Also have some other stuff coming soon. Sadly, its become painfully obvious that this seat Ive had for a long time is no longer a viable option for this car and I hope to have a good replacement done sooner than later.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Those welds are so fresh and so clean clean! I need a welder like that for Jeep Roll bar fabrication , but I am in Nevada.
        The artsy long shutter pictures are neato bandito!
        Its looking good!

Comment

I guess this paint should work! It’s FOR rollbars

More masking... ( did even more before I finally painted)

And done!

And now a preview of what’s coming soon.

I also finally tackled the alternator issue that popped up, looks like I found the problem...

While admiring that I discovered another problem, bet you’ve never seen this before!

Last but not least, I got Taka back at work again

]

Good things coming soon!
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

nice roll bar!! great progress being made!
            89 325i 4dr s52
            02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
            21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Lol let me get that alternator bracket, I can weld it back together too

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Picked up a new Racing Quip 5pt Harness.

Got it installed and adjusted the belts to a nice tight fit

Got a few parts from JT, a block-off plate and Grade 8 bolt to replace my threaded rod

Comparison of the rod, the Grade 2 my local hardware store and JTs Grade 8 bolt

Got the block off plate installed, nice piece JT

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

bitchin!

Comment

Well... what an action packed weekend for me.

Before getting to that, I decided to buy a new alternator setup from JT. What an amazing setup, I highly recommend it over my old setup. Its money well spent, and I wish I had done that originally, but it wasnt an option at the time so I had to create my own setup... which is now for sale to fund the disaster below.

On Saturday, I met with my brother to go on a drive up through Palomar Mountain and was having a blast chasing his 190 2.3-16 until the motor suddenly died. Luckily we had crested the mountain and were already on our way down. I was able to coast for a few miles down the hill in neutral letting gravity and my momentum get me all the way to the bottom of the hill. I coasted to a stop here where the car waited for AAA.

The thread about the specifics of the incident are here https://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33359

The immediate bad news was that my AAA+ was going to get me 100 miles free, but I was about 130 from my home. Luckily Byron let me drop off the car for the night, and upon returning the next day I discovered that AAA got my car there, but left me some fresh body damage as well.

There was damage on the other side too, from what appears to be them going overboard with securing the car down. It will be a nice memory in the future of the adventures this car has gone through in my ownership...

For now, the search is on for a good used U20 long block to swap into the car and then I can take my old motor and slowly tear it down, and build it back up stronger.

The Marathon Continues...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

God damn, really sorry to hear that man. Between the E30s and the Datsun it feels like you can't catch your breath, I hope the car gods ease up on ya soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the towing damage. I'm pissed and it's not even my car. Hope things turn around for the better soon.

Comment

Yea the towing damage is annoying because while I can replace the blown bottom end and move on, that damage will be there
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Damn shame. Still a pretty little car.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Bummer to see you get that body damage on top of the engine failure. Must've looped some straps around your cage? and down around the side of the car & off the rear end of the flat bed? ?? very strange. as much as i like bimmers those early datsuns have aspecial connection to the changing landscape of american culture and it's a real shame to have that kind of thing happen. No pdr for this one.

Comment

Dude...that sucks! Last time AAA towed my car, the dude popped the clutch and smashed the front valence into the towbed. I was able to get the towing company to pay for the repairs with some legal language my brother gave me and numerous emails/calls. Hit me up if you want me to see what I sent.
                                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X