No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that wasn’t the weather issue I expected to have. It was just too windy to get anything done. I had to take the “workshop” down so it wouldn’t blow away or tear. All I could get done was get the driver’s side put back together. I’m leaving the fender unbolted for now cause I’ll need to pull them to finish the cowl sheet metal.

Comment

So bizarre yet so cool. I used to have an amazon and something like this is just boggling to me. Well done.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

This is coming together so nicely!

That sucks about the garage thing, it really is a must in the PNW
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just get something done every day and it’ll eventually be finished.

Comment

How do you eat an elephant? Start at the ass, and take one bite at a time.....
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Welding and grinding in the dark. Hahahaaa...

It’s more “flat panel” than I wanted, but I need clearance for the bracing on the hood, I need pockets for hinges (or latches), and I just wanted it done. Hopefully this weekend the front sheet metal (besides the hood) can go on for the last time.

Another question. What is the interior panel that goes under the steering column called? I need to find one, but searches on eBay aren’t turning up much.

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post

Another question. What is the interior panel that goes under the steering column called? I need to find one, but searches on eBay aren’t turning up much.
                Kick Panel, IIRC

here are 3 I found:

This one is for Airbag models.
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Subscribing to this, just read through it all, wow, you have skills!
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

can't wait for a ride...
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    '90 325i sedan daily driven
                    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                      I also decided to cut new grille plates. Just finished deburring them. Need to bend the tops and paint them black. I wanted something just a bit different than stock.
                      Curious how you made these. Is that a thick alum sheet and then a CNC machine cut it out? How does it make a sharp inside corner?

Thanks -

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        Curious how you made these. Is that a thick alum sheet and then a CNC machine cut it out? How does it make a sharp inside corner?

Thanks -
                        Yeah, it's .125" aluminum. It's not sharp in the corners. 6mm cutter, so 3mm rad corners.

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                          can't wait for a ride...

Should feel a lot like an E30. Lulz. Just look a hair different.

Only got about four hours in today. Also only got about halfway to where I wanted to be today before the sun went away and it got coooold. Story of my life it seems these days.

I just want to be able to put the front clip back on tomorrow. We’ll see.

Comment

Easy bake oven

That’s as far as I got this weekend. Gonna try to finish up the front lighting after work this week and give it a bath since the major fabrication is almost done.

Comment

so cool, I cant wait until its put together
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Do you live near Ingram? If so, my dog and I walk by your XC most days.

Comment

Working...
                                X