No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I made my front coilovers with stuff I had kicking around, the mounts were less than optimal. I wanted to thin down the upper mount setup.

So I found some eBay universal pillowball camber plates and tossed the flat part. Then I whipped up some thick plates that would allow for adjustment even if it goes beyond the opening on the strut tower.

Then to get the spring to sit up high I made some offset spring seats. I also integrated a reducer for the strut top mount vs the pillowball opening.

Which should slim down the overall thickness quite a bit.

On the way home ran into what my daily looked like when it was still stock. Same color even.

Comment

I’ve had these R32 seats my buddy gave me a long time ago. I’ve wanted to put them in for quite some time. The factory rails are too wide to fit between the trans hump and the vert sills so I had to do some modifying. I set up the winter workshop and got to work.

Left side is the first modified seat. Right side is what I used from the E30 stock seat. Then trimmed it down and added the R32 seat pan and back frame.

This way it bolts down to the stock location. Uses the stock tilt mechanism, but the R32 foams and upholstery (which I’ll switch over to cardinal)

Comment

Just spotted you on i5 in your grey wagon!

Comment

Originally posted by niccuhles View Post
          Just spotted you on i5 in your grey wagon!

Were you rolling with the other vert?

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
            Were you rolling with the other vert?
            Yup! That was me and eldizzle. We had just left a cars and coffee event.

Comment

Nice! My buddy and I were commenting on how you don’t usually get to compare two modded E30s while driving on the freeway.

Looked great!

Comment

Nice! My buddy and I were commenting on how you don’t usually get to compare two modded E30s while driving on the freeway.

Looked great!

Thanks! AWESOME vert build BTW, crazy seeing the transformation of that thing! I owned it before Tom did and I think i have original pictures of it when it still had euro bumpers. I'll look for them and upload em.

Comment

There is a lot of people watching this, but everyone is speechless.

This should also get moved to the Project subforum... it will definitely get more exposure
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    There is a lot of people watching this, but everyone is speechless.

This should also get moved to the Project subforum... it will definitely get more exposure

I’m happy if a mod wants to move it. I just started it here to gauge interest.

Comment

diz is actually a really nice guy

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I’m happy if a mod wants to move it. I just started it here to gauge interest.
                        Done!
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This is epic haha

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Still trying to progress towards getting this thing on the road so I can enjoy it, I started working on my LED taillight control panel. I’m using a voltage reducer/stabilizer for each circuit. One thing I ran into is that they bleed down when power is removed. It’s not instantaneous. So the turn signals wouldn’t flash. I added a low amperage relay to switch the low voltage output using the OE signal wire. At a stopping point tonight cause turns out I don’t have the right size heat shrink for the connectors I’m using.

Comment

Yea I just read all 11 pages and I've got mixed emotions.

1. I'm pissed I'm JUST now seeing this epic build
                              2. I'm pissed its all the way in Oregon so I won't get to see it in person
                              3. I'm thrilled cause this is just so COOL!

Keep up the nice work fella!
                              BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                                Yea I just read all 11 pages and I've got mixed emotions.

1. I'm pissed I'm JUST now seeing this epic build
                                2. I'm pissed its all the way in Oregon so I won't get to see it in person
                                3. I'm thrilled cause this is just so COOL!

Keep up the nice work fella!

I’m in Seattle.

Comment

Working...
                                X