*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood hinge work. Pretty time consuming, but gotta be done

Last pieces that needed to be cut in (besides the hood)

Comment

So you changed your mind on how you wanted the hood to open?
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
        So you changed your mind on how you wanted the hood to open?

Yeah, sort of. More like my mind was changed for me. Being under a time crunch now (20 days until my iPd event) I was concerned about trying to figure out how to latch both sides of the back of the hood as well as the front and have them all release at the same time, so now it’ll front tilt. I was ok with taking my time to figure it out the other way and continue with just setting the hood on the foam on the roof when the car had a nice patina to it, but with fresh paint I won’t want to do that.

Comment

Only 20 days? You are not trying to get the engine done in that time frame too are you?

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            Only 20 days? You are not trying to get the engine done in that time frame too are you?

No engine. Paint, reassembly and minor interior bits. Engine swap will be for next year.

Comment

I’m so tired guys. I can’t keep up with notifications and I forget the GoPro some days. Paint is going on this weekend. Might be in a booth, might be in a garage, might be in my driveway, but it’s getting painted.

Comment

Don’t worry.

I like big weekly updates more than daily updates anyways.

Keep up the good work. Excited to see the finished product

Comment

Take care of yourself first. If you can post a couple of pics and a bit of an update every couple of weeks it would be appreciated. But there are build threads on here that get updated once or twice a year. Don't feel obligated to update every couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                    I’m so tired guys. I can’t keep up with notifications and I forget the GoPro some days. Paint is going on this weekend. Might be in a booth, might be in a garage, might be in my driveway, but it’s getting painted.

Do it while you can. The kids only take up more time, body starts to get dysfunctional, tattoos fade, before you know it, you are sitting on the easy chair smoking a pipe.

Oh wait...

Keep on trucking man, you reap what you sew, and enjoy the fruits of hard labor.

Nothing like standing back and looking at something you built come together. There is a proverbal light at the end of a dark tunnel. If nothing else, I can't wait to see your updates, however minuscule my input.

:)
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

More hood hinge stuff

Comment

Now on to the rear slides

Comment

Looking good !
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

That is absolutely beautiful

Comment

The giant calipers make a return! Also adding an OE gas strut to hold the hood.

In some more “bummer”-ish news, my entire department is being eliminated at work in six weeks. Which means the spend on this build will be dropping to next to zero. I’ll still finish paint and some other misc stuff, but the project will be going into hibernation a bit. Hopefully I can just enjoy the car as is for a while and not HAVE to do anything to it. Sorry guys

Comment

That's super lame, man. Very sorry to hear that.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X