No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those black rings molded or CNC’d in metal?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      Are those black rings molded or CNC’d in metal?

CNCed plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
        Great work Adam - the retro look will suit the car well. The dials do look like the cockpit of an old helicopter or something!

That’s the look I was going for. I really like them.

Comment

That dash and gauge cluster work is top notch!
          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

you're a monster!

sent from hell using Tapatalk
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Speechless

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Phone mount (also the head unit in HQ). Goes in the upper dash location

The hinge probably looks a little funny, but like a suicide door hinge, in order to keep the gap tight I need the insert to hinge “out” rather than just pivot along the edge. All of the middle stack openings will have similar polished aluminum trim rings

I used a generic push-lock-spring cabinet latch for positioning and motion.

Comment

That phone mount is absolutely sick!
                  Zelig the Zinno • 300k and counting
                  http://instagram.com/zelig.the.zinno

Comment

Just stumbled on this. This build is amazing
                    sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                      That phone mount is absolutely sick!

I’ve made a few tablet mounts like this before, but this is my first phone version, and first for myself.

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
                      Just stumbled on this.
                      Thanks, and I get that a lot.

Comment

Man that is some really really nice fabrication work.

Just poured over the last few pages and wow... you're the man!

I love what you did with the gauges... Has a Z1 feel. Love it.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Updates:
                          Wrapped some of the dash components. Also found out I was sent the wrong color early on and used that color to wrap my door panels. Not a huge deal since I intended on re-doing to upper panels two tone anyway. Gauge panel trim is just sitting in there. Have some trimming to do in order to get things fitting better.

I was contacted by Dgerry (on R3V) from G-Pop Shop in Arkansas who was interested in helping out with the build from a turbo standpoint. Since I had already bought the turbo I was going to use and don’t have to moneys to buy anything nice and new, he offered to do a little trade work with me. I sent him my new turbo to upgrade. He installed new journal bearings, new upgraded 360 thrust bearing, new seals (including a stepped gap version on the turbine side). He balanced it, leak checked it and changed to a billet GTX3076 compressor wheel. It’s on it’s way back to me and I couldn’t be more excited.

I still need to iron out some dash details before I can wrap it. It’s tough when I get antsy to not just wrap it and put it in. Carpet kit will be coming soon and I have a pair of custom floor mats getting sewn up as I type.

Comment

Gerry from G-pop is good peoples. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Drone video shot by Andrew (@absonracing on IG)

Comment

Man that cock pit is awesome. Your an inspiration that makes me want to try some of the little projects that I thought would be cool but never took the leap. Well I took a small step recently. I will let you know when it is done.

How did you wrap all of those pieces so cleanly? I know this is a hell of an ask but when you do the wrap on the dash could you make a small DIY on how you do it? And what you are using to do the job? If you can't I completely understand. But if you can that would be awesome.

This is my favorite build on the internet. Anklebiter held the number one spot for years but he has been pushed to second now. Keep up the great work.
                                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X