Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Nothing new to post. Well, not much. Got the most notable dents/dings worked out of the roof and loaded it up with a couple heavy coats of high build primer so I can guide coat it and knock it back. I know it’s wavy in some spots, but I’m pretty sure the high build will eat it up.

Hoping to possibly maybe hopefully cut the first parts in this weekend. We’ll see.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    https://youtu.be/_TA7tG5Cdrg

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    *!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Sanded the roof with 80g to prep for bodywork (no pictures), embossed the other fender (no pictures) and sanded out some lacquer checking in the old old paint (no pictures) this AM before going to work. Then I started on the new hood hinge system. Might be sad news for some people, but I’m just designing a front tilt style hinge system. The other style was cool, but needed lots more engineering and was putting weird stresses on the hood itself. I also had a lot of figurin to do for the rear latches. Anyway, hinge work.

Template to figure clearances.

Rolling some square tube for the crossbar. I tacked then together so the radius would match.

Missed some in between pics. Try to get some more tomorrow. Short videos to come.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Heyyy! Lookit that!

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    hmm...could you make those blink with the signals? (sorry to suggest making this any more complicated!)

https://youtu.be/WKKyAbyh0Cw

That’s the plan!!

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
    Test in a sheet metal panel. Not very amber. A little orange gel should take care of that.
    hmm...could you make those blink with the signals? (sorry to suggest making this any more complicated!)

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar View Post
    Adam- what type of primer are you using on the car?

Unfortunately it’s a generic primer from WESCO Autobody. I can’t afford something high end. What I do like about it is by deleting/or adding the reducer in the mix, it can be a high-build primer, a surfacing primer or a wet-on-wet sealer. I will be using a nice PPG sealer when I paint, so I think I’ll be ok. I’ll try and get a pic of the primer can later. I need to buy more.

Leave a comment:

• oekundar
    replied
    Adam- what type of primer are you using on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    https://youtu.be/x920KJuUTds

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied

Test in a sheet metal panel. Not very amber. A little orange gel should take care of that.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied

Doesn’t seem like a lot to me for four days worth of work. Today was just priming the driver’s side and clean/organize the shop. I still need to emboss the passenger fender, bodywork the roof, hood and grille shell. Blow it apart to spray the jambs and reassemble for block/paint the outside. Ugh. Not enough hours in the day.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    https://youtu.be/7IoHUXmaf88

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Well, another late start day with some non-essential messing around. Still got the driver’s side ready for primer first thing in the morning. Found more dings and stuff than I thought I had.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Your work never hesitates to put a smile on my face. Glad to see you turning a negative into a well done positive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X