Luna - 1992 325iC MTech Appearance Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna - 1992 325iC MTech Appearance Package

Meet Luna, my newly-acquired 1992 BMW 325iC with the MTech II Appearance Package in triple white (alpine paint/lotus white interior/white basketweave). This package only included the MTech II kit minus trunk spoiler, matching paint wheels, leather e-brake handle/boot, and a few other goodies. This is an automatic with 207k miles on the clock. Not sure what I'm going to do about the interior and I already found an MTech II front valence which was the only part of the kit missing.

08/19/2017

Missing the front valence with some damage on the replacement late-model valence. Still drives straight and no showing rust.

Body is fairly straight. There are a couple baseball-sized dents. Will get resprayed in a month or two, whenever I get the MTech II valence.

Top was originally automatic, motors and stuff were gone when I got it and the top cover doesn't lock down. I'll have to find all the manual parts, pm me if you have them.

White weaves still look good aside from the dirt. Missing two center caps. Anyone know if they were painted in alpine paint or something else?

This car was so filthy when I got it. Dog hair and smell everywhere, crow feathers tucked in gaps, cigarettes under the center console, coffee stains and smell, by far the dirtiest car I've been in. Aside from that it had the HVAC trim broken because apparently someone tried to steal the radio. Turn signal stalk is broken, don't even know how that happened.

Rear seats are ok, no tears or rips which was a first of the three verts I've had. Any idea how to restore these? Missing the drivers side speaker cover.

Broken trim, dirt, and grime everywhere. This was after a thorough cleaning with the shop vac.

Nasty stains and smells.

Dog hair

More missing/broken pieces

Dashboard is ok. Some bubbling and a couple cracks. Again, not the worst I've seen.

Missing speaker cover

Probably been repainted before or just yellowed with time

More hair

There was also a full set of matches

Pretty neat to see this installed, also had a weird button near the chime speaker. Disconnected the alarm since my hazards kept flashing while driving.

Sick wiring job bro..

After steam-cleaning the rear seats

Was cleaning under the rear seat and the sound-deadening peeled off in one piece. Weight reduction?

Replacement HVAC panel and radio delete panel

After shampoo cleaning and vacuuming a few times. Gonna have to do it again this next weekend.

Cleaning all the dirt and hair as possible

Stopped taking pics at this point since I put everything back together.
    Last edited by iso_hi; 12-20-2017, 06:43 PM. Reason: added date
    1987 325 Turbo

08/25/2017

Got my order of maintenance parts from RockAuto. Super cheap if you plan everything right.

Replaced the air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, oil, and pct hose. Going to swap the thermostat and coolant this weekend coming up since the car doesn't heat up properly and failed smog.

First E30 I have with the full intake system and ducts.
    1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Congrats enjoy!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Nice pick up.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Cool find! Such a filthy car tough, for some reason verts get suuuper greasy...
          Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Good work.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

This has some good potential... Since you are going to paint it, have you thought about getting a different trunk lid with no 3rd brake light, its a subtle difference that really changes the way the rear looks
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                This has some good potential... Since you are going to paint it, have you thought about getting a different trunk lid with no 3rd brake light, its a subtle difference that really changes the way the rear looks
                Indeed. Very clean.

But it does remove the mandated third light. Depending on your local law enforcement and desires...

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                  Indeed. Very clean.

But it does remove the mandated third light. Depending on your local law enforcement and desires...

You're right, you should remove the airbag wheel too
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 08-29-2017, 09:25 AM.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Good score! Make sure you to the timing belt too, unless you know it was done recently.

Comment

Love to see a good resurrection! I thought my interior came dirty and with a lot of dog hair. That was next level. Gross - I just don't know how people can sit in their own trash/filth like that!
                      1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                      SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                      Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

You're right, you should remove the airbag wheel too

Not sure where you are going with this...

Comment

Yeah that's the route I was going to take, really don't like the third brake light. Local enforcement wont mind I've been running without a front plate for years and have never had issues.

Not sure on the timing belt so I'll probably be changing that soon. It did include a ton of records from a couple shops so I'll go visit them and see if I find out anything new.

Also bought an MTech II valence to complete the kit and a new Wahler thermostat to fix the temp.
                          Last edited by iso_hi; 08-29-2017, 11:41 PM. Reason: Update
                          1987 325 Turbo

Comment

09/03/2017

Today was a good day. Decided to change the thermostat to see if Luna would run normal instead of running rich, the temperature gauge would stay at a 1/4 mark. Did that in like 15 minutes. The gauge would stay in between the 1/4 mark and the 1/2 mark. Slight improvement. Maybe the temp sensor is out so decided to go to the Pick N Pull to get a sensor to try tomorrow if bleeding out air doesn't work.

Also cleaned the wheels, they were filthy. I'm surprised they look so good still, not a lot of curb rash. I'm missing two white center caps so I'm not using any at the moment.

I went to the Pick N Pull in Windsor at about 3pm. I was going to wait till tomorrow since it's 100 degrees today but they are having a 50% off sale and I didn't have much to do so I went.

I basically hit the jackpot. An auto 325i had been added a couple days ago and it was untouched. I got an alpine white trunk lid with an iS spoiler and no third brake light. Installed it.

Bilstein B4's for the rear

Ashtrays and hazard button I never had

Got some mint condition sun visors and finally...

A Husco armrest!

I paid $50 for everything. So happy I went to the Pick N Pull today.

I should be getting the MTech II valence next week and after that we'll get the whole car resprayed. Everything is moving a lot faster than expected, might even do a manual swap. Not sure what to do about the interior. It's hard finding Lotus white interior pieces in good condition. Since it is a salvage title maybe it wouldn't matter to change the color. Always been a big fan of cardinal red. We'll see.
                            1987 325 Turbo

Comment

nice! what part of SF?
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                              X