Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Must say there is so much win with your builds your attention to detail is outstanding.
    Clean restoration!!!
    More like Clean e30 porn!!!

    Comment


      I want to flip my car sideways to work on the bottom, that's amazingly convenient.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      I do things.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Powling View Post
        WOW! Crazy how fast everything can come together with proper planning.
        No joke, being able to build out the subassemblies and stab them as completed units made quick work of a major task.

        Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
        Beautiful work. You should stroke the M42 going in the car.
        Already planned, I've had the diesel crank in my tool box ready to go for months now. Ported, worked head is done and waiting. Once the car is back from paint I'll shift some attention towards building out the bottom end and then the interior.

        Originally posted by slum dog View Post
        Must say there is so much win with your builds your attention to detail is outstanding. Clean restoration!!! More like Clean e30 porn!!!
        Thanks!

        Originally posted by Melon View Post
        I want to flip my car sideways to work on the bottom, that's amazingly convenient.
        You have no idea how convenient. No shimmy on your back, no kneeling. Pickup component, install on car, bam.

        E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

        Comment


          87mm Pistons?? What brand?

          Originally posted by Jordan View Post
          Already planned, I've had the diesel crank in my tool box ready to go for months now. Ported, worked head is done and waiting. Once the car is back from paint I'll shift some attention towards building out the bottom end and then the interior.


          Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

          Comment


            Crank is all I have as of yet, have not ordered pistons. I get good pricing on CP and JE so it'll likely be one of those. 10.5 or 11:1

            87mm x 88mm is the plan for 2.1 liter.

            E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jordan View Post
              Crank is all I have as of yet, have not ordered pistons. I get good pricing on CP and JE so it'll likely be one of those. 10.5 or 11:1

              87mm x 88mm is the plan for 2.1 liter.
              You might as well go all out and get some rhd itbs and run alpha N or speed density.


              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              91' 318is 90' 325is

              Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

              Comment


                This is a concours restoration, I'm not bolting a bunch of gawdy aftermarket go fast parts to the side of the engine. Internal modifications that increase output without affecting runability are a different story.

                E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                  This is a concours restoration, I'm not bolting a bunch of gawdy aftermarket go fast parts to the side of the engine. Internal modifications that increase output without affecting runability are a different story.



                  What sort of power do you expect make with the stroker kit on it?
                  91 318is M50 swapped
                  05 Honda Pilot

                  24V swap thread
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                    What sort of power do you expect make with the stroker kit on it?
                    With a good tune, I'd say he'll be looking at around 170whp.

                    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

                    Comment


                      Indeed, essentially at or just above 325i power with a lighter weight faster rapping out 4cyl under the hood.

                      E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

                      Comment


                        just do an f20c swap. nbd. ;)

                        Comment


                          I’m really enjoying how nice this is coming together. Enjoying this more than a lot of modified cars with a lot of fab work. Something about being as good as new as you can get while still adding improvements!

                          The Cad plated hardware is my favorite. Looks so nice!

                          Did you just paint the wheel wells or is it a different product than what you used for undercoat? Thanks!
                          -Nick

                          M42 on VEMS

                          Comment


                            SEM 39813 Satin Black Chip Guard was used for the wheel wells to black them out. It is a very lightly textured satin black aerosol, and its some potent smelly stuff!

                            E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

                            Comment


                              So what's the cost sheet look like a year into the build?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                                So what's the cost sheet look like a year into the build?
                                Currently looking right at $35k or so, with no allocation for the cost/value of the paint and body going on presently as no actual point has been put on it yet. It'll be whatever it'll be.

                                Also yet to be seen is the cost of the finished engine build, and the complete interior retrimming. I expect another +-$5k there.



                                Primary Costs is stuff like the host and donor cars, towing charges, vapor honing, zinc plating, paint and materials etc.

                                Labor is my time (man hours) x $40/hr for keeping the accounting honest. That is what I used to charge when I did side work, although work like this I'd charge more. Its not a "real" cost to my wallet, but factors into the cost of producing a car. Swap $40/hr for whatever the prevailing specialist rate is in your locale and multiply by the man hours for soul crushing numbers lol.

                                I also track parts resold that I did not need, which is not illustrated on the pie chart. About $1600 in extras have been liquidated.

                                E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X