OMG's Personal S54 Build :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post

Looks friggin great in the bay... still lots to do.
    Nice work!!
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      Nice work!!
      Going to be modifying the plenum today... have an image of yours saved haha.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I don't think thats true on my part. I have done several motor swaps now and we've used E28 mounts for some customers and Revshift mounts for others... Not many opt for the AKG mounts because they are the most expensive of the bunch.

*EDIT* I just looked at the AKG mount once more and noticed its a 70a durometer... thats basic solid. I'm going to order up the revshift mounts because I can get them in an 80A durometer.
        Ahhh, the wonderful feeling of progress! Nice, seems like everyone building an S54 right now is going to finish around the same time aha

If you are looking for softer mounts you may have it backwards, the AKG 70A is softer than the Revs.

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
          Ahhh, the wonderful feeling of progress! Nice, seems like everyone building an S54 right now is going to finish around the same time aha

If you are looking for softer mounts you may have it backwards, the AKG 70A is softer than the Revs.
          I am an absolute fucking mess people

Comment

Going to be modifying the plenum today... have an image of yours saved haha.
            Sweet good luck! It doesnt come out too bad, which booster are you using again?

Comment

Sweet good luck! It doesnt come out too bad, which booster are you using again?
              Doing the 2002 booster but I think I have a 944 handy as well. We'll see.

Comment

Doing the 2002 booster but I think I have a 944 handy as well. We'll see.
                Ok cool I dont think you have to trim for the 2002 booster.

Comment

It's getting hung up on the booster in the same place you guys trimmed it. I'll try again today... its TIGHT.

Comment

It's getting hung up on the booster in the same place you guys trimmed it. I'll try again today... its TIGHT.
                    Maybe because of the engine mounts you are using;D

Comment

LOL its sitting with the e28 mounts right now. haven't tried with the plenum yet. will do it tomorrow. gotta cut out early today.

Comment

Picture for reference :D

I have a 944 booster that I'm going to swap in because its a tad narrower on the 2nd half.

Comment

Picture for reference :D

I have a 944 booster that I'm going to swap in because its a tad narrower on the 2nd half.
                          Wow thats right there.

Comment

Haha oh yeh... no going around that!

Comment

Putting in some work over the last week/this week:

Re-wrapped the engine bay harness, my fingers loved this:

Goodbye cable operated gas pedal!

The mess that was the glovebox:

AKG lever installed (the DSSR had to be shortened/rewelded to fit the GS6-37B trans and boy oh boy does it feel lovely.

Custom made 6spd trans brace... I found a guy that had reused his factory brace by cutting the end off of it and shifting the attachment point. This worked PERFECTLY.

Its boxed up nicely from both sides... hopefully it holds up!!

The DBW conversion... had to drill out the two spot welds to remove this bracket. The lower guy is a bit hard to find. Its already welded into place just forgot to snap a photo.

The glovebox doesn't look nearly as scary anymore!

Had to throw the vanity covers on to make it feel like we're getting somewhere:

Dasssss it!

Tomorrow I hope to find time to modify the plenum and potentially get the ECU reflashed to remove the nannies etc.

Comment

^ I can't keep track of who I am helping anymore, but if you need flashing help, I will offer to help remotely. Look in my sig if you want the XDFs/software needed to modify in one go, simplified without the other thousand tables and scalars to scare you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X