• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    They will be "upgraded" soon

LMFAO don’t tempt me now hahahahahabbaha

Comment

Ngl I’m stuck at a fork in the road for which direction to go in. I am going to swap out the m20, I’m looking at some options and I’m trying to decide between going through with 4 cylinder or a v8 I’m just not really sure. I’m trying rn to figure out what the end cost will be for either set up. I’ve never been a horsepower guy or one to really race but Ik that tastes change, on one hand the 4 cylinder will be cheaper but I’ll be pretty much tapped out on power at around 220ish but with the v8 it gives me a base that will allow me to chase power later on if I choose to do so.

what do you guys think?

Comment

:popcorn:
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

If you think getting 220hp out of a 4 cyl (I'm assuming M42?) will be cheap then you are in for a not so nice surprise.
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

even an early model it deserves better then this treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
              If you think getting 220hp out of a 4 cyl (I'm assuming M42?) will be cheap then you are in for a not so nice surprise.
              Nah im not doing a bmw motor for the swap

Comment

Originally posted by YungToast View Post
                Ngl I’m stuck at a fork in the road for which direction to go in. I am going to swap out the m20, I’m looking at some options and I’m trying to decide between going through with 4 cylinder or a v8 I’m just not really sure. I’m trying rn to figure out what the end cost will be for either set up. I’ve never been a horsepower guy or one to really race but Ik that tastes change, on one hand the 4 cylinder will be cheaper but I’ll be pretty much tapped out on power at around 220ish but with the v8 it gives me a base that will allow me to chase power later on if I choose to do so.

what do you guys think?
                Not sure why I am entertaining this as the work you are doing to this car makes no sense, there are way better base cars to start this work with that would fit your style.

But oh well, why would you remove an M20 to put a 4 cylinder in, unless its some crazy turbo it will not be worth it?

Your easiest route would be an LS if you are going non bmw, but your cheapest would be a BMW M60, they are cheap to buy.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Finish the interior before you turn this into a dead end project lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Finish the interior before you turn this into a dead end project lol
                    I’ll def finish the interior before I start the swap. I don’t think I’ll even have everything together to start it until the end of the year at the earliest

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Not sure why I am entertaining this as the work you are doing to this car makes no sense, there are way better base cars to start this work with that would fit your style.

But oh well, why would you remove an M20 to put a 4 cylinder in, unless its some crazy turbo it will not be worth it?

Your easiest route would be an LS if you are going non bmw, but your cheapest would be a BMW M60, they are cheap to buy.

I’m leaning towards either an sr20 or a 3sge beams for the 4 cylinder options and for the v8 the only one id even consider is a 1uzfe but the only thing holding me back is the cost of a decent w58 and the adapters id need for the 1uz

Definitely my cheapest option is the 3sge but I’m still on the fence about it

Comment

5/7 Would get blowed in this car.
                        I do things.

Comment

holy shit. that is some awsum work thar. i sure do love what you did with those fender lips.

you will indeed git yer dik blowed.....by dudes. just roll up on a bunch of old hispanic gais standing around a burning trash can and they will all line up to blow you.

you need one of those horns that blows la cucaracha or the mexican national anthem. where are all the dingleballs for around the windows?

i forgot how fortunate we are that little bois generally cant afford e30's anymore.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Things could be worse, at least he isn’t Sonny.
                            sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                            1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                            1991 318is - Sold
                            1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                              Things could be worse, at least he isn’t Sonny.
                              We're all one wheel falling off, and a thousand shitposts away from being a Sonny ourselves.
                              I do things.

Comment

Whilst some folks here disagree with your style choices, they know their s**t about performance e30’s. The best bang for your buck is to turbo your current motor. Then if you want a better motor, stick with the BMW 6’s. If you must V8, then the M6x route is easiest. Once you go V8, the exhaust, transmission, driveshaft all become issues, not the adapter plate. The e30 doesn’t have room for a Japanese trans that will hold the power without cutting the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X