No announcement yet.

My first project car "Ellie"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really love fall, probably my favorite season. Only big news to add so far is I’m getting a puppy this thanksgiving.

Truck and E30 have been slumbering as I’m working now at a firm. Hopefully I’ll be able to get one out here to Chicago and then the builds will be able to pick up. Parking however is atrocious downtown.
    Attached Files
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Slowly piecing together the M30, took the oil pan off this break. So many small bolts, do I go further or is it okay to normally send the bottom end? Oil had no flakes in it.
      E30 has way to much NVH do I think the poly mounts need to go, unless someone has a better recommendation than garagistic 80a, so much NVH at 2k RPM and I have a bunch of sound proofing on this bad boi. Got my new stock clutch

truck has been getting a lot of attention as well and is now up for sale. It won’t fit in Chicago parking spots so I’m looking to get a GTI or 1er
      Attached Files

Comment

With the mounts, you can use the M20 rubber engine mounts & e21 transmission mounts with alloy enforcer cups to restrict fore / aft movement. I ran rubber engine mounts & poly transmission mounts for a while, and the poly trans mounts were too noisy for me. The rubber mounts seems sag under the weight of the M30 after a while, so you just need to replace them from time to time. I've replaced mine once so far in 8 years of driving mine.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Cluster got an update. All new lights, trim rings, paint etc. odo gears are good so trying to figure out what else I’d want while I’m in here.

SI board done by bav rest
          Attached Files

Comment

M30 has finally be figured out and put together. All new gaskets, clutch, the works. I’ve listed it locally because I’d rather do an LS swap on my C10 with the funds but if come summer it hasn’t sold it’s going in the E30. Trying to figure out the wiring and where some of the parts go.

Harness is just a real rats nest from the previous owner. Plan on running MS, 36 pound injectors, and using my 325i harness instead. If I’m running B34 coolant pipe in the real what cooling hoses should I purchase? I doubt a kit will work.

need to find hardware for everything, stuffs been moved around too much and can’t find my driver side motor arm bolts, AC bracket bolts, transmission bolts etc etc. needs a parts car at this point lol.

i plan on cutting my trucks frame and making it a shortbed. I’d like to sell the longbed and make it a flatbed with side rails and a big box to hold shit. Thinking wood or aluminum to keep the weight down.

If anyone local to MD is good with a welder I’d love some help, I don’t trust myself to weld a frame so it’s either local trusted friend or a professional lol. Too bad I don’t live back in Washington anymore, two of my HS friends have become professional welders and do fabrications for automotive stuff on the side
            Attached Files

Comment

My C10/LS swap has been getting most of my love and money.

I got some nice photos of her yesterday tho.

need to fix the camber on my right front tire that the alignment shop just ignored (camber plate was left untouched). Need to fix my AFM gauge (dead) and then paint the trunk and she’s done for a bit!
              Attached Files

Comment

Sold the M30 (and my truck), and with my spare cash I went and bought a DD.
                Attached Files

Comment

E30 is currently on Jack’s while I wait for AC parts
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last year of law school so busy busy. No E30 updates butttttt...... I bought an NA miata as a daily/fun car for the city.

Decided to try rattle canning and see how bad it really would come out. Was obviously not perfect before, but for $1500 an NA with a hardtop is hard to beat!

Currently got new wheels, all new interior otw and plenty of mods and maintenance. Figure its about time I really learned stick so i've been driving only the miata for 3 months. I've gotten a lot better at it.

The E30 will be getting some love soon once I get a full time job and a place I decide to stay at for longer than a year. Still considering an Engine swap (for the 3rd time), or turbo M20.

M5X still the go to swap? Forums seem dead af.

Video of me walking around after rattle canning it back to one color. https://imgur.com/a/XOOkVLi
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Slybeanx; 08-17-2021, 02:57 PM. Reason: YO

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post

M5X still the go to swap? Forums seem dead af.
                      Pretty much any motor swap at this point needs to be rebuilt first. Whats your goal for the swap?

I liked the red top, black also works
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Pretty much any motor swap at this point needs to be rebuilt first. Whats your goal for the swap?

I liked the red top, black also works
                        Only goals for the swap are a small boost in power, 50hp I think would be plenty with room for growth.

I prefer reliability vs massive power. while I like to wrench, I don't want to constantly wrench. Is there a forum go to for rebuilt engines? The two machinists I went to for my M30 had never worked on a BMW before.

I'm thinking a naturally aspirated swap would be the best route for reliability. That or maybe 6-8PSI on a turbo setup, but that adds complexity with more parts to fail.

I liked the red too, but everyone kept calling it a Pokéball lol. I think ill either stick with black or swap to white to match.
                        The 90 hp really makes me miss my M20 lol. Very different feeling 90s "sports" cars.

Comment

Working...
                        X