No announcement yet.

$500 325i Vert Build: M52 Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another long weekend of working on the car. Hooked up the heater core, bled the brakes and clutch, cleaned up the wiring and got everything ran to where it belongs, mounted the headlights, radiator, fan, and intercooler, and wastegate, and started to map out how my intercooler piping is going to run. Got some other small stuff done too like putting in new fuel hoses, running a few vacuum lines, and cleaning all the paint off the headlights (thanks PO). I'm going to take this weekend off but hope to finalize wiring, coolant hoses, and intercooler piping next weekend. Once I get this thing to a shop to get a downpipe fabricated it should be ready to attempt its first start

Comment

Comment

Sweet build! Boost noises with the top down sounds like a wonderful combination

Your intercooler looks really low to me, can you shift it up at all? I went for the G-Line intercooler for this reason so I had a bit more room between the frame rails. I am just able to hide mine behind an "i" valence, maybe you'll be okay with a "IS" valence though?

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
          Sweet build! Boost noises with the top down sounds like a wonderful combination Your intercooler looks really low to me, can you shift it up at all? I went for the G-Line intercooler for this reason so I had a bit more room between the frame rails. I am just able to hide mine behind an "i" valence, maybe you'll be okay with a "IS" valence though?
          I assume I'm going to have to chop up the valence a bit. I had to hang it that low to clear the spal pusher. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JRHemmen View Post
            I assume I'm going to have to chop up the valence a bit. I had to hang it that low to clear the spal pusher. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk
            That makes sense, well hopefully with an IS lip and a splitter or something the intercooler won't poke out of the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
              That makes sense, well hopefully with an IS lip and a splitter or something the intercooler won't poke out of the bottom.
              I sure hope so! I could bring it up higher and further out but that was hitting the valence too. I'm sure I'm going to have to get creative, lol. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my ECU installed and just about all of the engine wiring done, and the car starts! It's at a shop right now getting a downpipe fabbed, but I did some test fits and I had to pretty aggressively chop the valance to get the intercooler to fit. Hoping I can come up with something in terms of a splitter or lip that doesn't look absolutely ridiculous. I was hoping to keep the front end looking stock but that is not going to be an option unfortunately. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

As it turns out, I'm still alive. Gotten a good amount of work done since my last post, I'll update with pictures tomorrow. Full exhaust installed, cooling system installed and bled, battery relocated to trunk, new convertible cover cables and release handle, base tune, test drives, vacuum lines installed, etc. All that remains is to finish tuning, get an alignment, and attach all the misc trim/lights still laying around. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Up to date shot of the engine bay. Still need to do a fair bit of wire tidying at the power distribution panel. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks really good!
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by JRHemmen View Post
                        Had a very impulsive black Friday weekend, made quite a few purchases for the project:

Cutring headgasket
                        Copper spacer to lower compression
                        ARP 2000 head studs
                        Swap engine mounts
                        Lightweight flywheel
                        FX250 Clutch
                        Vanos rebuild kit
                        Oil pump rebuild kit
                        New timing chains
                        Precision 6262 .63 AR turbo
                        RSI T3 Turbo manifold
                        New exhaust studs and nuts
                        Chase Bays brake booster eliminator, BBE line relocation kit, clutch line, vanos line, and slave cylinder line
                        Sounds like a familiar setup, check out my build thread if you want an idea of what you might expect from it
                        RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

It's finally starting to come together. I painted all the bumper surrounds and the valance and got that hung back up, though fitment around intercooler piping still isn't great. Also finally cleaned up the wiring around the battery tray. Next weekend will be wetsanding and polishing the rest of the panels, a 255LPH fuel pump, and hopefully an alignment. Pictures below. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

. Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you have to cut the rad support to fit the cooler, and if not, what size is it?
                              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

+1 to the above, looking to upgrade soon and looking for options.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X