X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jparkr
    replied
    Downgraded the 325i to a 4 banger, Fired it up today.

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    Stupid low oil LED on again. So annoying

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    That sounds normal to me. Generally take a few miles for the ECU to recheck some of that stuff. Glad you got it sorted.
    Great - thank you - that is reassuring!

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Disconnected almost all the last wires and hoses to prepare to pull the M20. Also removed the headers.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
    On the way my low oil light finally went out in the indicator panel! Took about 5 miles for the new oil level sender to start working. Weird.
    That sounds normal to me. Generally take a few miles for the ECU to recheck some of that stuff. Glad you got it sorted.

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    Progress!

Finally got the alternator belt tensioned properly.

Replaced the valve cover vent line - completely brittle. Broke on removal.

Replaced most of the vacuum line for the brake booster, resolving a leak at the check valve/intake boot junction. Ran out of good hose clamps – used some crappy old clamps lying around. Will replace later with nice OEM parts.

Idle is finally settling down into a nice cadence again as I eliminate the vacuum leaks.

Put my son in the front seat, drove to the gas station and filled up with a tank of 90 octane no-ethanol Shell.

On the way my low oil light finally went out in the indicator panel! Took about 5 miles for the new oil level sender to start working. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Stared at it.

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
    Changed fuel feed, return, and canister vent lines in the engine compartment. Lots of stuck hose clamps; took forever.

Oil change with Castrol 20W50 and a Mann filter.

Changed the oil level sender; stupid red LED still on in the overhead check panel after.

Adjusted alternator belt tension.

Somewhat frustrating day.
    Even more annoying- tension on alternator belt is now too tight. Was too loose before.

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    Changed fuel feed, return, and canister vent lines in the engine compartment. Lots of stuck hose clamps; took forever.

Oil change with Castrol 20W50 and a Mann filter.

Changed the oil level sender; stupid red LED still on in the overhead check panel after.

Adjusted alternator belt tension.

Somewhat frustrating day.

Leave a comment:

• htseng
    replied
    New shifter and ebrake leather boots. Oil and filter change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 88BlackS-ETA
    replied
    Passed state safety inspection and was emissions exempt again, only put on 1,064 miles over the last year sadly, so Im now at 108,613 miles. I plan on driving it like crazy this year but stay under 5,000 miles so Im emissions exempt.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Front brakes and wanted to address a slight coolant leak at the TB. Turned out to be a project, of course.

Two of the three screws broke off

A little sandblasting

Tried to torch it and use some vice grips to break it free, but that didn’t work out.

Then, I ghetto welded a nut to the rest of the screw with brass

Oh em geee, Yay!

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Got this done last sat. Ebay long tubes, ebay 2.75" inlet dual 3" outlet exhaust, no cat

https://youtu.be/_cwJmq36evU

Leave a comment:

• goldenE30
    replied
    R134a conversion finished yesterday
    Replaced compressor and both lines, evaporator, expansion valve, condenser and receiver drier with new pressure switch!

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    Completed cooling system overhaul started a few weeks ago. Flushed system, drained, and installed new radiator, water pump, all hoses, fan clutch. While I was in there, I changed the timing belt, v-belts, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor.

Tomorrow I will flush out any remaining dirty water, fill up with coolant, purge any air, and go for a ride. Fingers crossed it will start.

Up next, MMO, an oil change shortly thereafter, and a new oil level sender unit.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/jgilber0/Lu5S38

Last edited by jgilber0; 04-29-2018, 02:17 AM. Reason: Added photos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X