Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't today, but within the last week. I pulled a transmission from a 1988 eta to go into my recently purchased 1987 325is automatic. I'm ready to get it in the garage and swap this thing out. (if anyone has a shift boot with the frame, and a shift knob for sale, let me know. Other than that, i believe i have everything.)

Comment

new hawks hps on the front. also realized its time for new tires

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

quick wash then even quicker drive at 100+mph's :)

Comment

Installed a kill switch, re-routed some wires, cleaned some of the interior, grinded off the rivets to my horn contact, and replaced my tensioner pulley bolt. It really needed it.

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I got the horn working on my nrg quick release set up.

Comment

^^^
              how did you do it? pm me

removed and reinstalled my intercooler so its straight now heh.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
              function>form

Comment

I drove it a scraped the hell out of my skid plate.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                  I drove it a scraped the hell out of my skid plate.
                  Daily shenanigans.
                  Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                    I finally found the last electrical gremlin in my car. When I bought the car from the PO, the fuse 10 would blow if I used the power windows too long. Power window circuit is fuse 17. And the windows would work with fuse 17 removed. So I figured the PO tapped into fuse 10 circuit to power the windows. I was in this frame of mind because when I bought the car the fuel pump relay was bad and instead of replacing it he just put a jumper wire in the fuse box. This is just one example. Any way I searched for where they tapped in and couldn't find it. Followed the wiring diagram and everything looked fine. I noticed a red/black wire with connector disconnected near the C302. While I was trying to figure out where it went I noticed the white/black wire and the green/blue wire didn't line up. I check continuity from the fuse box, fuse 17 circuit on the plug it was connected to and I had really high resistance. I checked the plug that the white/black wire was inline with and perfect continuity. I plugged it into it's correct spot and that fixed it. PO must have unplugged it at one point and plugged it into the first spot that fit. Now my windows are on the correct circuit with a 30a fuse and the 7.5a fuse on fuse 10 circuit isn't blowing every time I use my windows. Now I need to find out what the red/black wire connector is supposed to connect to.
                    My brain hurts... I hope never to encounter a hack job on my e30.

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
                    I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Gave her a good wash :D
                      sigpic

Comment

Cleaned my junkyard style 5's. The chrome has to go.
                        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Nice wheels man you going with fill and drill? Or adapters? Or five lug swap?

I reinstalled my gas tank after having it recleaned. Will finish up the drive shaft tomorrow after work.

Comment

Looks like I'm doing adapters until I can collect the gear for a 5 lug swap. As of right now they will just be sitting around until I get the 5 speed swap and tired suspension sorted out. Priorities. Possible re-rattle canning of the car starting tomorrow. Might finally start a build thread.
                            To stay on topic, I bought these sedan seat in the junkyard last week for $31 including head rests (no mounts yet) cleaned them up and installed them the other day.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Those seats look incredible for 31 bucks!! Damn.
                              17 Range Rover Sport SVR
                              14 Q5 TDI S-Line
                              ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

Skids.
                                Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X