Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)
Collapse
X
-
Nice project, I found this thread late. I don't know the depth of your experience with these motors, but if you didn't already know, they will have some valve noise. It's normal. If your valves are within spec., you should be fine in that area.Leave a comment:
-
I'll take another video in the AM and post it...but it definitely sounds much better, I didn't get the opportunity to start the timing belt disassembly...bu there certainly still seems like a bit of chatter left...although...it is MUCH better than it was!...thanks for your assistance on the valves Eric!Leave a comment:
-
Maybe it's the fact that I'm listening to it thru the computer, but something still doesn't sound right....but it sounds better. What happened after it dropped off like that (the movie ended)?
Any more video of it running?Leave a comment:
-
-
lol^^ thats good stuff.
Cool project dude, stuff looks great so far. Good luck with it!!Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Adjusted the valves last night...and most if not all were off....didn't run the car...my son was sleeping...I will run it tonight and check...but I'm already preparing for having to recheck the timing belt...thanks for all the aid!Leave a comment:
-
I went by the Bentley procedures. Had it done in like 20 minutes.
You can use any of the pulley locations to turn the motor over. Looks sweet. M20's have a certain amount of knock like that but not that much. I would definitely check your marks to make sure the timing belt was put on correctly. I had mine off a tooth and barely caught it before putting it back together. It was extremely easy to do. Make sure you are using paint pens to line shit up. The factory notches are hard to miss and see unless you're in an extremely well lit garage. Good luck!Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for the links.....Leave a comment:
-
This website is for sale! ee1394.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ee1394.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Leave a comment:
-
-


...waking up a sleeping 8 month old with the roar of an M20 means...
Leave a comment: