Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bust3r
    replied
    i'd like to take the vinyl off mine and polish the paint underneath...i'm just wondering if it's painted white or black though. If it's white underneath i think it'd look like crap...but black would make it sexy..
    do it first CorvallisBMW and lemme know what color you got :D

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar
    Being a picture whore...

    OEK,

    Can you take a couple more pics of your car to show how the painted cabrio lid looks from side and rear profile?

    Great job and congrats on the resto.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    huh, now I'm tempted to look under the vinyl on my car and see if it's painted
    Just do it...its painted.... :D

    Originally posted by dave87325is
    wow!!! finally finished 12 pages of entertainment..
    subscribed!
    Welcome to the PARTAY!...LOL...hope you find some information here that can help...even though I'd love to be driving the car now....sigh...there is more work to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    huh, now I'm tempted to look under the vinyl on my car and see if it's painted

    Leave a comment:


  • dave87325is
    replied
    wow!!! finally finished 12 pages of entertainment..
    subscribed!

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Being a picture whore...

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar
    Frank...did I say how much you get on my nerves?...LOL...nice find on the M-tech kit man...lets hope something like that falls in my lap...oh and I'll be taking a listen/watch of your motor and hopefully I don't have to pull mine apart again...I'll post other videos in a second.
    Hhahahah, so does says my wife :)

    You're doing good progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwpower
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar
    Absolutely correct! At least that was under mine but I would find it hard for BMW to do such on my vert alone
    Under a Ford...probably not...under a BMW, definitely. BMW doesn't seem to skimp when it comes to paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by bust3r
    wait a second, you just totally blew my mind or confused me. are you telling me that there's a hard painted surface underneath the pleather of my convertible cover? and all it needs is some sexy-ing up, and it'll look raspy like yours? cause i noticed the other day that i'm getting some bubbles in the pleather in a few places and wasn't looking forward to having that fixed too...
    Absolutely correct! At least that was under mine but I would find it hard for BMW to do such on my vert alone

    Leave a comment:


  • Kwaaahhh
    replied
    Originally posted by bust3r
    wait a second, you just totally blew my mind or confused me. are you telling me that there's a hard painted surface underneath the pleather of my convertible cover? and all it needs is some sexy-ing up, and it'll look raspy like yours? cause i noticed the other day that i'm getting some bubbles in the pleather in a few places and wasn't looking forward to having that fixed too...
    Can you confirm this oek?

    Leave a comment:


  • bust3r
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar







    .
    wait a second, you just totally blew my mind or confused me. are you telling me that there's a hard painted surface underneath the pleather of my convertible cover? and all it needs is some sexy-ing up, and it'll look raspy like yours? cause i noticed the other day that i'm getting some bubbles in the pleather in a few places and wasn't looking forward to having that fixed too...

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kwaaahhh
    Add led bulb and it will make a difference! :up:
    Oh....so thats the secret...that'll be after she's running and roadworthy..;)


    Originally posted by twothrees
    I was just wondering what was under the trunk lid covering. My vinyl is starting to bubble and I was thinking of removing it and painting it. I am surprised they painted the convertible lid with paint, clear coat and then covered it with vinyl. I figured it would be paint only. Good news and thanks for posting this.
    No worries..you can paypal me $5 for my trouble. :)...enjoy and let us know how yours comes out!

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    I was just wondering what was under the trunk lid covering. My vinyl is starting to bubble and I was thinking of removing it and painting it. I am surprised they painted the convertible lid with paint, clear coat and then covered it with vinyl. I figured it would be paint only. Good news and thanks for posting this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kwaaahhh
    replied
    Add led bulb and it will make a difference! :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    (Semi useless) Mod update...installed a second light in the trunk lid...had one sitting around took me 5 minutes...pictures to come I guess

    Leave a comment:

Working...