Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vlad
    replied
    wow.. looks like an awesome project, you are doing great, never expected such a nice transformation !
    I may hire you and Levent for some future work on the e30s ! :up:

    how did you change the color of the carpet?

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil
    coming together nice!!! nice progress. Ill be down in the south jersey tomorrow, let me know if you need anything and ill bring it down.
    Levent....shooting you an email!

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    coming together nice!!! nice progress. Ill be down in the south jersey tomorrow, let me know if you need anything and ill bring it down.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    coming together nice!!! nice progress. Ill be down in the south jersey tomorrow, let me know if you need anything and ill bring it down.

    Leave a comment:


  • Motorsports
    replied
    nice to see another E30 coming back to life.

    Leave a comment:


  • nhskibm
    replied
    looks like it is coming along nicely!

    Leave a comment:


  • redbull 325is
    replied
    not really feeling the rear seat, but hey.. quick fix! good luck with the rest of her

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Well here are the pictures of the engine bay clean up:






    I'm sure some will like/dislike my color combo...but I'm digging it...so :p


    Onto the e36 switches...as you can see there are 3 switches and the "lock" switch. The wiring harnesses have been extended as they came a little short...



    Here they have been installed and zip tied to make them nice a tidy for when I reinstall the center console. So I originally bought 4 switches, but as you all know the e36 switches can vary and one of my 4 was an automatic switch for the driver's side door. In any case what I ended up doing was wiring up the rear windows to the same switch. My rationale was...since no one will be sitting back there...EvAR (being 6'5" negates any space for a humanoid back there). SO essentially I can put down the back very windows with one switch...I like ALOT...an unplanned MOD!



    Don't mind the multimeter and mess...its all part of making progress...LOL

    Another note...when I bought the seats (used) the PO put a hot rim/tire on the rear seats and damaged them...I bought the seats regardless...knowing that the rears were pretty much toast...but I previous interior...(find pics in the early part of this thread) was worse...unto the pictures:

    Before:




    After:





    ...enjoy!

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Well...there has been progress and the pictures will come shortly...front cam seal/o-ring have been changed....new timing belt/tensioner...cleaned up all the oil/grease...new belts will go on tonight likely...new (used) automatic radiator should be in route to the house (going to be a 5 speed swap eventually so why put a new one in there?--I know the question is coming). I should have most of the engine back together this weekend

    On another note....window switches have been/are in the process of being converted to e36 style switches, with a twist...there is also other progress with the interior.

    I know this post is worthle$$ without pics....but they are coming...didn't want to use the crappy camera.

    Leave a comment:


  • skatebline
    replied
    Damn son! its all turning out great....
    Good luck. Im looking forward to see more!

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by rede30
    change that big t-shaped heater hose if you had not planned on it, always a good idea, esp when you have everything out like that. Nice progress, looks like fun, it makes me miss working on my projects.

    *change gas lines also, pretty cheap. Maybe you already said you are changing this stuff, i dont know.
    I had planned on changing all that, as I have no...ahem zero plans on doing this again! :D

    Leave a comment:


  • rede30
    replied
    change that big t-shaped heater hose if you had not planned on it, always a good idea, esp when you have everything out like that. Nice progress, looks like fun, it makes me miss working on my projects.

    *change gas lines also, pretty cheap. Maybe you already said you are changing this stuff, i dont know.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Update:

    Here are pictures of the cleaned and painted associated parts...Duplicolor Engine paint used here. Not sure what my overall theme will be, but I'm leaning towards a Black/Red Theme with a hint of yellow to complete the Germanness (new word)





    Unto the other work...after fighting with the car...I finally got this off:


    here's what I find below:





    So I go to work and here is where I ended last night:





    I now need to order new intake manifold gaskets...as well as the O-rings for the block return, and while I wait for the parts...I might install these



    :D

    I'm sure there are some opinions on my colors of choice for my engine bay... ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Ah...more progress or rather an update...I will be looking to purchase/order the cam seal today as well as a new valve cover gasket/seal. I had pulled the radiator, but didn't realize how bad it was until yesterday....enjoy:







    Those silver lookings spots are actually light shining through the freaking thing...oh well...time to replace I guess! ;)

    And I figured that while I was changing the timing(cam) belt/water pump and stuff, I would pretty up the cover...my initial goal was to just clean off the grease...then I found some paint (bought some more) and went to town...after pictures to come...here is the before in the utility sink:

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    I just replaced that seal last week and MAN, it was a biotch to get out. Good luck.

    Leave a comment:

Working...