Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by redbull 325is
    3 nuts per bumper shock that holds the shock to the car
    You sir are a good man...rear bumper is off plastic is fitted...pictures to come...although its not on permanently yet...need to address some rust below.

    Leave a comment:


  • redbull 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar
    When you say 3 nuts are you referring to the ones that actually hold on the bumper shock? The Bentley on referred to two of those, not including the trim pieces...I will reread and re check....this weekend.

    I will be picking up the POR 15 hopefully this weekend and some reinforced fiberglass and doing some work. I hope to be able to put the carpet back into the car by Monday evening...after addressing the minor issues on the interior....
    3 nuts per bumper shock that holds the shock to the car

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    :-D

    Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil
    Looking good, dont spend time on the manifold and the valve cover. The Valve cover should be done in about a week and I have about half a dozen manifolds we could powder coat as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    Looking good, dont spend time on the manifold and the valve cover. The Valve cover should be done in about a week and I have about half a dozen manifolds we could powder coat as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by redbull 325is
    just an FYI, the rear bumber has 3 nuts per side..
    When you say 3 nuts are you referring to the ones that actually hold on the bumper shock? The Bentley on referred to two of those, not including the trim pieces...I will reread and re check....this weekend.

    I will be picking up the POR 15 hopefully this weekend and some reinforced fiberglass and doing some work. I hope to be able to put the carpet back into the car by Monday evening...after addressing the minor issues on the interior....

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by gearheadE30
    Looks like a fun project. For the rear bumper, since it doesn't sound like you pan on using it, I'd take a sledge hammer to the ends of it, where it wraps around the rear valence. Just don't crush your hand ;)
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea...although I'd rather keep it in one usable piece should someone want it...its free.99 :D

    Leave a comment:


  • redbull 325is
    replied
    just an FYI, the rear bumber has 3 nuts per side..

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    Looks like a fun project. For the rear bumper, since it doesn't sound like you pan on using it, I'd take a sledge hammer to the ends of it, where it wraps around the rear valence. Just don't crush your hand ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • funcrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    so while pulling it out, I got distracted by the wife and here is the result::???:
    I first read this on my work computer, which does not display the pictures - I thought sure this was going to be a picture of your firstborn child. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Well I over the weekend I picked up a set of already color matched plastic bumpers for the vert that you can see laying here....



    I went to begin the install and I found my way into the trunk to remove the nuts holding the bumper/shocks in. Long story short...the bumper is stuck and will need to be yanked off by driving/attaching bumper to stationary object (or if someone has a better suggestion let me know)

    How she currently sits:



    In any case, while I was in there I decided that now was as good a time as ever to address the rust issue both in the cabin of the car as well as the trunk....so I picked up a wire brush attachment for the drill and here is what we have

    Behind Driver's seat:


    Passenger side floor board:


    The trunk was by far the worst of the cancer (rust)









    Being as though my goal really is to have a nice driveable car, not a total restore, my plan is to find the best rust killer (anthing other than POR 15 recommended?) and then fill all the holes/voids with reinforced fiberglass.

    Oh...and while playing with the drill...I figured why not play with it in the engine bay....




    More to come as this progresses

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by teamgtnfx01
    i took my carpet out and found some rust i sanded it all down the and painted the surface with "POR-15" i found it at this performance store it was $7 for 4oz and it says on the can u don't even need to sand down the surface u can just spray of brush it right on
    Good Advice...I will look into it...thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • teamgtnfx01
    replied
    i took my carpet out and found some rust i sanded it all down the and painted the surface with "POR-15" i found it at this performance store it was $7 for 4oz and it says on the can u don't even need to sand down the surface u can just spray of brush it right on
    Last edited by teamgtnfx01; 01-03-2008, 02:25 PM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by ///M42 sport
    nice job on the carpet. Did you pressure wash? I figure that is the easiest and most efficient way to clean the carpet.
    Thank you...absolutely...pressure washing is the MOST efficient way to clean it...notice the squeegie...it came in handy!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30325ic
    replied
    Looks like its comming along. Keep the updates comming.

    Leave a comment:


  • ///M42 sport
    replied
    nice job on the carpet. Did you pressure wash? I figure that is the easiest and most efficient way to clean the carpet.

    Leave a comment:

Working...