Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)
Collapse
X
-
Thanks man....I'm going to tackle the white...already started..are you talking complete respray?Leave a comment:
-
I have extra grills, welcome to them next time you are down...
Not sure on the painting part, my is going in sometime in the next 60 days for a respray, so im not sure on the whole painting thing. Im sure someone will comment with expeerience.
ZMLeave a comment:
-
More Progress, the front bumper and valence have been removed and here she is nekked...So I was thinking about actually painting the valence blk before mounting it...but the temperature does not lend well to paint as it is just a bit cold....so I'm contemplating leaving it as is for now....My only concern is that WHEN I do get around to polishing/compounding the paint that I will be able to revive it...and may not need to get the car painted....at which time I would have to remove the bumper and paint this...oh well...that seems like the logical solution now...another reason to hate winter :D
Pictures:



In removing the bumper and grills, I find that the driver's side is cracked:


After disassembling the front...I proceede to address the rust problems with this:

I was unable to located POR-15 locally and this looks to address the same issue. I proceeded to coat the inside of the trunk...and the other areas which I removed rust with this:


and that is where is I called it a night...Leave a comment:
-
YIkes....6'8"...I thought I was nuts...glad to see there is another nut like me...floating around in an e30...I've got some pretty big plans for the stereo...we'll see though...with the artic air and nonsense snow we're supposed to get today...who knows what will get done.
Thanks man...not sure if the speaker covers would stay tan...was just a thought...they MAY though....funny enough...I've had a b!tch of a time with the vinyl on the side panels...I'm looking for alternatives....I would say part of my issue is not wanting to spend $200 on vinyl and my lack of experience in upholstery...in any case you will see as it progresses...Originally posted by BBY1104I love where you are going with this. I think the black interior with tan seats and the rear panels having the tan speaker covers in there would look nice. Keep it up, can't wait to see what is nextLeave a comment:
-
So...I've been thinking about that...i'm leaning towards just mounting it for now, as I will more than likely be having the whole car repainted once complete...I was even going to rustoleum it just so it didn't look so white right now...but thats still up in the air...your thoughts? I meant to call you this weekend...but you know how things go...Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedI love where you are going with this. I think the black interior with tan seats and the rear panels having the tan speaker covers in there would look nice. Keep it up, can't wait to see what is next
:up:Leave a comment:
-
Subscribed. Excellent work.
Nice to see another tall man in an e30. 6'8" here... an amateur stereo installer too. Isn't under dash work awesome when you're tall?Leave a comment:
-
coming together, I like... are you going to have the front bumper painted first?Leave a comment:
-
Pictures of rear bumper swapped:


when I get to the front this bad boy is going on as well

happy monday!Leave a comment:
-
-
oekundar, i also ripped out the interior and cleaned... i bought these rolls of vapor barrier, they covered more than what i though so if you want some to cover your doors, PM me ;)Leave a comment:
-

Leave a comment: