Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oekundar
    replied
    Update:

    Today was a fairly decent day despite the cold...I received a visit from ZMBluedevil aka Levent, and he brought gifts.... :D Unfortunately no pics of the gifts...BUT I did get pictures of the thermostat and the housing as I was working on that...

    Stuck thermostat


    Nasty Housing both inside & out








    Old & New Thermostats...what a difference


    I am seriously considering painting the housing with high temp paint...it has been thoroughly cleaned...although I have no pics...wire wheel on a drill can be your best friend :D

    While I had that out....I hit one caliper, since the wheel was off anyways...I would ultimately like to have these powdercoated, but for now they are likely to be just painted with high temp black/silver/gray...black is the front runner:

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by nefarious7907
    Carpet looks great, but it would get dirty so fast. I think going black would be a good idea, as well as adding some black map pockets and handles on light door panels would give you some contrast would make for a nice interior.
    +1....the door cards and panels aren't even done yet...but I've got other plans for those... :D

    Kish...thanks man...I got more up my sleeve...budget permitting...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    looking good ola.!!

    Leave a comment:


  • nefarious7907
    replied
    Carpet looks great, but it would get dirty so fast. I think going black would be a good idea, as well as adding some black map pockets and handles on light door panels would give you some contrast would make for a nice interior.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Quick update...I'm putting the interior back together, after painting the carpet (Duplicolor Desert Sand) The color is off from the interior I picked up...so I'm likely to pull it all out again, just to paint the carpet black....thoughts welcome:

    Pics:




    I hope to have the belts/water pump/thermostat done this week...we'll see.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by nefarious7907
    Almost exactly what my front end looks like right now.

    Looks like you project is shaping up nicely, your pictures speak for themselves. Keep us posted, and good luck.
    I've been able to clean things up a bit on the car...unfortunately the batteries in the camera are dead and the charger is MIA...so no pics for now...

    Originally posted by Schnitzer318is
    Very nice work... keep the updates coming.

    Nice e39 as well...
    Thanks for the kind words...there will be more to come.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Very nice work... keep the updates coming.

    Nice e39 as well...

    Leave a comment:


  • nefarious7907
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar


    Almost exactly what my front end looks like right now.

    Looks like you project is shaping up nicely, your pictures speak for themselves. Keep us posted, and good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Well...some pictures of the progress in patching up the holes in the trunk....

    I still have to go and sand this down later this evening, but I plan on addressing the rest of the holes tonight as well.







    Oh...and a shot of my Touring for good mesaure

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jparkr2004
    Looks good! much better then boards...
    What are you going to do about your paint? Have it detailed or try and tackle it yourself?
    Good question youn' grasshoppa...the plan for that is as follows....Detail the hell out of it first... I have the DA polisher (Porter Cable 7424) and more than likely send it off to get painted over next winter IF I can't bring the paint back...but of course I want to get rid of the nasty pin stripe. Oh...and I won't mention that some parts of the paint the clear has peeled...so you know its eventually getting repainted...

    :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Jparkr
    replied
    Looks good! much better then boards...
    What are you going to do about your paint? Have it detailed or try and tackle it yourself?

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Here are the pictures of the front facelifted:





    I like them much better than the DBs.... :D

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Ok...so here is the progress that was made over the weekend.

    The stock tow hooks (2 attached to the frame) were cut off, so that I could mount the front valence. Once I got the valence lined up and bolted on, I installed the new bumper (plastic) shocks and the new plastic bumper will be going on this week, but before I need to solder the wires to attach the wires/connectors for the plastic bumper turn signals.

    More to come.

    Leave a comment:


  • oekundar
    replied
    Painted Valence, I ended up using Rustoleum Professional...and it came out great...at least for now:



    Soon to be installed....

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar
    Thanks man....I'm going to tackle the white...already started..are you talking complete respray?
    Yeap complete respray.

    Leave a comment:

Working...