Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    So any options to get me through to next paycheck? Besides keeping my foot out of it?

    Octane booster?

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    There will be if you keep driving it. I remember hearing these same sounds in some performance cars that have octane requirements.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    There is no evidence of detonation on the spark plugs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Ok so there is a weird sound when I'm under boost at high rpms.

    It sounds almost like little rocks going through the intake or hitting the fender.

    Any ideas?

    See post above yours...


    It's called "detonation", or pinging.
    Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 01-29-2009, 09:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    pinging?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Ok so there is a weird sound when I'm under boost at high rpms.

    It sounds almost like little rocks going through the intake or hitting the fender.

    Any ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30esque
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Danny, you are fukin crazy. I can honestly say, I was not brave enough to diy a turbo setup while still in highschool.
    Haha, I had a DIY e28 535i turbo in HS. Used to keep pretty even with newer f-bodies on a good day. 545i FTW!







    It was also a piece of shit that blew 2 motors in the 2 years I had it. Not catastrophic failures but failures nonetheless. Motronic tuning FTL.

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    I took hella fucking pictures.

    Oil return from turbo



    Down



    And to the pan



    Oil feed





    Intercooler shit











    RRFPR, not yet mounted.



    Exhaust shit







    Needs hangers.
    again mad props man! so clean. i need to get a job and a new car of some sorts so i can start on my own version of this. man im jealous! if i don't get my hands on a car and some wrenches soon i am going to go nuts! lol

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    saturday school? you slacker!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I had school and work today.

    Then tomorrow is saturday school and work.

    Then Sunday is off.

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Well I did just get paid.

    I'll take care of business.

    9 hour bump...

    any new updates this evening? Get the floors swept/mopped up good today? Buy any new parts/degreaser/etc...

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Well I did just get paid.

    I'll take care of bzns.
    fixed

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Well I did just get paid.

    I'll take care of business.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    You need to "budget" a few dollars for some foaming engine degreaser, I don't want to see this thing go up in oil leak related flames. Shit's extra hot in there now.


    /srs


    Danny, you are fukin crazy. I can honestly say, I was not brave enough to diy a turbo setup while still in highschool.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    i see no "bitch boy attitude"? he simply answered your question.

    Leave a comment:

Working...