Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    AEM UEGO in and working. Tuned and running like a champ.

    Leave a comment:


  • kencopperwheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Can I use M20 mounts on my m42?
    tranny, yes. motor, no. Go with the green e28 5-Series motormounts. You just twist them 180 degrees and they fit perfectly. Expect A LOT more vibration at idle though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Can I use M20 mounts on my m42?

    Leave a comment:


  • yert315
    replied
    polyurethane either from IE or AKG - they have motor/tranny mount set for ~$90 shipped.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Its running.
    Thats what counts lol

    So I'm going to buy Rtabs and subframe bushings as well as motor mounts, tranny mounts and a guibo.

    Suggestions?

    Leave a comment:


  • smonkbmw
    replied
    hows it running danny?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Oh ok, cuz I beat one today.

    Kicked the shit out of him.

    Leave a comment:


  • yert315
    replied
    when they are +T or supercharged, otherwise they are just decent...

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Are mk3 GTI VR6s fast?

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    I hope you're not paying for all these LC-1's lol

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    live and learn! if a third one dies and you had it grounded at the ECU and nothing else went wrong (acts of god, etc), well.. hope that doesn't happen... lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Blargh.

    I guess I'll try that with the next unit.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    it should be grounded at the ECU. That would mean pins 1-17 on megasquirt. there is no other correct way to do it, anything else will lead to ground differences and incorrect reading from the sensor to the ECU. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    The metal thing connected to the body.

    The ECU ground?

    We tried that and the lc-1 didn't like the signal, we also tried the stock engine ground on the shock tower and it didn't like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    er, what metal thing?

    they should be grounded at the ECU, both the signal and the heater ground.

    Leave a comment:

Working...