Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So Live
    replied
    Originally posted by 550
    So live so you can't update the firmware?
    Basically... Im not worried about it. LC-1's in the mail.

    Dan now your in for the fun part, Getting shit working as good as it should be lol. I know for me at least, this past few months has been doing things over or adding things or getting rid of unneeded shit. I kinda like this part cause everything i do makes my car better, its not all a big fuckin wash anymore. So keep up the work and dont get pissed when shit goes wrong, just make em better.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    cool cool. did you make sure oil is getting to the turbo from that port?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    As far as I know yeah.

    I didn't take it out for a drive but I will tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    lol. i think my little brothers turbo needs a rebuild. so did the oil lines work?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Like 60 bucks, it wasn't even that bad.

    Oh and that plug definitely has oil going through it.

    Oil was EVERYWHERE.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    thats true. how much was the rebuild kit?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Well I THINK I gave him a good turbo, for all I know the oil seals could be fucked on that too lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    ya but didnt he tell you it was all good, you gave him a good turbo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    It wasn't that hard, 2 o-rings and a new journals. The only messed up things were the o-rings.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    i would be pissed if i had to rebuild my turbo right after i got it. you should tell the guy you traded about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    congrats dawg

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Got the rebuild and the oil lines run.

    The compressor side o-ring literally snapped in half when I took it out.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    idk for sure. thats what my brother told me and he has rebuilt multiple turbos

    Leave a comment:


  • 550
    replied
    I have never heard of issue with balancing them, but you need to take care in how it is clocked. There are things you need to note while taking it apart.

    Although I have never done the rebuild myself though, but there are guides out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    be careful rebuilding your turbo. im pretty sure mitsu turbos have to be balanced and shit.

    Leave a comment:

Working...