This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
    ...Thanks dad, but I actually have never used my Passenger side mirror once in my life...
    You're either full of shit, or a dangerous driver.

Comment

Ok you guys can warn me all you want but in the end it's my car. If i wanna kill myself by not having a passenger side mirror, let me.

And you can call my car federalized, unfederalized it really doesn't matter. I have no clue what it is and frankly don't care. I'd really appreciate it if you quit shitting on my thread.

Comment

Ok you guys can warn me all you want but in the end it's my car. If i wanna kill myself by not having a passenger side mirror, let me.

And you can call my car federalized, unfederalized it really doesn't matter. I have no clue what it is and frankly don't care. I'd really appreciate it if you quit shitting on my thread.
        Just trying to help you not sound like such a fool.
        Like when an e36 owner tells me his car has a V6....
        Below the radar...

Comment

I think they de-federalized your car by putting an M10 in it.

Get a passenger side mirror so you don't kill anyone.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

It's very easy to drive without the pass side mirror. People have been doing it for years.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally Posted by punnzzells
              I hate when people in the USA state that they have a " Euro " car.... ( no offense... ) after it's been federalized, it's been changed and isn't Euro in my opinion....
              Huh? So my euro 635CSi isn't euro because it had sidemarkers and a cat added to it? That is some flawed logic. It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car, but cars that were built for the German and ROW markets and were imported to the US are still euro no matter who you ask.

Back on topic, the car is coming along nicely!
              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

It's very easy to drive without the pass side mirror. People have been doing it for years.
                Ya i got all the info and idea from your thread

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                Huh? So my euro 635CSi isn't euro because it had sidemarkers and a cat added to it? That is some flawed logic. It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car, but cars that were built for the German and ROW markets and were imported to the US are still euro no matter who you ask.

Thanks for sticking to topic and for the compliment

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post

Great, you can compare an apple to an orange.

Your 635CSi is a euro grey market(?) import... thusly, still a "euro" car built for the european market and then imported to the USA.

Japandrew's car is a US Spec car, built solely for the sale in the USA. Therefore, it's not a "euro" spec car. He can convert it to "euro" specifications however.
                  Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                    He can convert it to "euro" specifications however.
                    Which is what I'm doing... I've never claimed my car is a true european spec car, but that's what i'm striving to make it.

Comment

Which is what I'm doing... I've never claimed my car is a true european spec car, but that's what i'm striving to make it.
                      Here is where you let your wording and excitement get ahead of you.

ok guys, sorry to hijack your hijack, but no threadjacking :D

and my car isn't federalized.

:giggle::mrgreen:
                      Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                        Great, you can compare an apple to an orange.

Your 635CSi is a euro grey market(?) import... thusly, still a "euro" car built for the european market and then imported to the USA.

Japandrew's car is a US Spec car, built solely for the sale in the USA. Therefore, it's not a "euro" spec car. He can convert it to "euro" specifications however.
                        Where did I say anything to suggest that I would consider his car to be of european specification? I was making a distinction along the same exact lines of what you just said.

Hang on, allow me to quote myself just in case you missed it:

It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car
                        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

this is like politics... you could argue forever. how about we drop it?

Comment

All E30s were built in Germany and shipped to the US. Therefore we all have euro-spec cars with US add-ons. :drink:

Japandrew Your car is still federalized buddy, just more and more illegal. Just like the rest of ours with euro trim and Euro plates.

Good build so far though. Any plans for engine work?

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

So I was fixing a small issue with the headlight wipers and when while I was working on it i figured I'd fix the slack on my headlight wires. There was about 2 feet of wire just coiled up making the area look messy so I cut the wires to fit perfectly and found this. From the factory headlight wiring harness that came on my car, there was not two but 3 wires. There was yellow (power), brown (ground) and white with a black stripe. I have no idea what the white with black stripe wire was. I just left it out, but does anybody know what it is? could it have anything to do with the city lights in my ellipsoids? I'd post pics but it's kind of self-explanatory...

Comment

So I was fixing a small issue with the headlight wipers and when while I was working on it i figured I'd fix the slack on my headlight wires. There was about 2 feet of wire just coiled up making the area look messy so I cut the wires to fit perfectly and found this. From the factory headlight wiring harness that came on my car, there was not two but 3 wires. There was yellow (power), brown (ground) and white with a black stripe. I have no idea what the white with black stripe wire was. I just left it out, but does anybody know what it is? could it have anything to do with the city lights in my ellipsoids? I'd post pics but it's kind of self-explanatory...
                                You car came with sealed beams originally.
                                The white/black wire is the high beam trigger that sends power to both the "high beam" element in the sealed beam low beam, and the high beam.
                                It has nothing to do with city lights.
                                Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
                                X