Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
      your car needs an s50b32. i'll help you do the swap
      but that's not OEM :o
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        but that's not OEM :o
        haha If I were to do anything majorly to the engine, I'd either put an S14 in or turbo my M10, but first I need a lot more knowledge. I'm nowhere near ready for that kind of thing. Like I said, first I'm going cosmetics, then I'm going performance

Comment

If you really want to be 'Euro', go with an m20b23

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            If you really want to be 'Euro', go with an m20b23
            take it easy pessimist. I'm going for cosmetics, then performance

Comment

the THUMB-UP picture kills me dude :)
              NASA
              BMWCCA member
              PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
              1997 M3 sedan
              2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
                the THUMB-UP picture kills me dude :)
                Hah noted and corrective action taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                  Your saying if I buy a new center console from BMW it will come leather-wrapped? That's not true unless I don't understand the question right. I just ordered a new center console for my sister's e30 and it came new but in the same material they always come in. Now that I think about it, it actually did look like the same material as my wheel (even though the wheel is leather)...

Hmm.... I eventually did want a tape cassette holder for the center console and to do that I would need a new one.... after I get the euro bumper for the rear I think I might do that. Thanks for the tip! It never really occurred to me
                  Yeah no problem. Like I said its the newer vinyl material that they use. It matches the new style leather that they used on your new wheel. Im not sure if you noticed or not but mint condition MT1 wheels with original leather was smooth, not like the leather yours is wrapped in. Like the center consoles, they also switched material on the wheels.

I also have a tape holder center console but I don't need it anymore thanks to luke. If you want one Im sure we could work something out.

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                  Where did you confirm early e30's had one fog? Almost every person on e30zone.net says for all e30's it was two unless the buyer specifically asked their dealer to remove one. Either Way I'm sticking with two. I like it
                  Just asked a few dealership friends. Some of whom were around when E30's were brand new. one guy called a friend and asked.
                  The main answer was they only use one to not confuse other drivers that brakes are coming on. It was for safety and to avoid confusion.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Wow you were right! That's so weird. I went to my local parts guy at the dealer and he said one on the drivers side, and he knows this because he owns a grey market e28. He said in order to cut costs, BMW reproduced the same part for the taillight rear cluster so there is a hole and provisions for it, but it left the factory with 1 rear fog on the drivers side in order to prevent confusion with the tail lights and to live up to par with German Safety Laws.

Thanks for the info, I'm running 1 rear fog now for authenticity points!:)
                    Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
                    Yeah no problem. Like I said its the newer vinyl material that they use. It matches the new style leather that they used on your new wheel. Im not sure if you noticed or not but mint condition MT1 wheels with original leather was smooth, not like the leather yours is wrapped in. Like the center consoles, they also switched material on the wheels.

I also have a tape holder center console but I don't need it anymore thanks to luke. If you want one Im sure we could work something out.

Just asked a few dealership friends. Some of whom were around when E30's were brand new. one guy called a friend and asked.
                    The main answer was they only use one to not confuse other drivers that brakes are coming on. It was for safety and to avoid confusion.

Comment

What he meant is that if you buy a new dash or console from BMW now they come in the material that e46's dash and consoles are in. I bought a new cassette console from BMW last year and it was in that material and black instead of the color the consoles and dashes are currently in e30s.

New wheel looks awesome too!
                      Did you get it off ebay?

Comment

well since you offered, I need just one cartrichge to complete my cassette holder. Willing to sell just one?

I think you should get a headlight leveling system. Now that would be cool to see functional.
                        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                          well since you offered, I need just one cartrichge to complete my cassette holder. Willing to sell just one?

I think you should get a headlight leveling system. Now that would be cool to see functional.
                          Hah on my to-do list... literally.... eventually...
                          take your sale to a PM:)

Comment

Couple of updates, I got an original e30 wheel chock (stole from my sisters car ;) )

I got the Pin to turn the spark plug wrench that is made for the large toolkit (brand new). The large toolkit is slowly but surely accumulating...

I ordered the working headlight wash wipe interval control unit so I'll have my headlight cleaning system functional again. (after a series of tests I have confirmed that it is in fact the control unit that's mounted on the washer tanks that has gone bad)

I ordered a pretty much new original e30 warning triangle to fit in my trunk storage tray

and one last thing....... Teaser :D

Comment

This build is so... strange.

Comment

i spy rear euro bnumbner.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X