Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit I need some of those rear trim clips. How much is each one from the dealer?
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      Dammit I need some of those rear trim clips. How much is each one from the dealer?
      46 cents each.

I got the VIN for the car but I don't see how this carfax link is free? I've clicked on it and I have to pay at least $29.99

Comment

Worked for me and I didn't have to pay anything...maybe use a different email address if you've had carfax account before.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Here you go Andrew

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Wow so you think roughly 2005 the engine fire happened and the head was rebuilt and the block was replaced? This is probably the case.

Oh, and thanks Jean for plugging the VIN in for me. I guess I'm retarded with carfax.

Comment

Received an Auxiliary Fusebox today. This will no doubt be occupied by something down the road...

Will run down to get the correct red and blue bullet fuses later this week.

Comment

Wow they put 100,000 miles on it in the first 6 years.
                Originally posted by LJ851
                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

i will check the fuse box and the items in 10 min.

-
                  Project
                  Parts for Sale
                  Feedback
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                    Wow they put 100,000 miles on it in the first 6 years.
                    Yea, on the original motor. The motor I have isn't the original motor. :D

Originally posted by iwantspeed
                    i will check the fuse box and the items in 10 min.
                    Thanks dude

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                      Thanks dude
                      no problem

-
                      Project
                      Parts for Sale
                      Feedback
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Funny...my former eta had an auxiliary fuse box and I never knew what it was for.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                          i thought i heard it was a factory tap for alarm>
                          Well it can obviously be used for that, because the alarm is a factory/dealer installed accessory. And the Auxiliary Fusebox was meant for easy access for you, or BMW workers to instal additional accessories.

Comment

very awesome thread.. .read it from front to back and i am very impressed... kudos

Comment

Fusebox Makeover Time.
                              Here's how the fusebox looks currently. Everything is in tact, but it isn't what I want.

I have recently learned (I need to change the Toolkit FAQ I made, that everybody was in fact correct that the fuses in the pictures below are the OEM fuses. However, the ones in the above picture that were in my fusebox are also OEM. It's kind of like this: They started off as the open kind in the pictures below, and slowly they started evolving into the kind currently in my fusebox. When you take a part number for any fuse to BMW, the style fuse you get is completely random. You could get the early kind or the late kind. As a precautionary action, when you took your e30 to the dealer to get it worked on or tuned, they would replace all the fuses just so corroded ones don't cause any problems. So at some point all of the newer OEM fuses were put in mine and this is why I was confused.
                              So now, obviously, I'm going with the OEM Period-correct fuses that were originally recommended to me. I apologize for correcting everybody in the toolkit FAQ thread.

So New fusebox lid with period correct fuses to swap out the old ones with. Along with the auxiliary fusebox and bullet fuses to go along.

The period correct fuses have the following insignias on them:

I've dissembled the thermostat housing and am about to take the head off. More progress will happen this weekend but I'm really just waiting on the b35 e34 oil pan so I can get everything cold tanked. After that the fun starts to happen. :)

Comment

The fuses you have right now look exactly like what you can buy at Autozone...unless they have a BMW logo on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X