No announcement yet.

The Ecobeamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry for ignoring your responses guys. I did reply to gnmzl but I ended up deleting my post because it was so long.

anyways the motor and tranny are back together and in the car and everything's hooked up(wiring harness, radiator, intercooler ect.)

im expecting to attempt a first drive in the next few days. ive still got to bleed the brakes, install my seat harness and finish up the wiring. theres still plenty of smaller details that could be addressed but ill save those for once ive tested the car driving and it works good. also shouldn't neglect to make sure my front toe is half decent.

the front and rear sections of the wiring have been complete. the central section is what im working on. theres allot of provisions on my wiring harness that I don't need so they add to the complexity even though ive already eliminated several of them.
    ive got allot of gauges and therefore a decent amount of gauge wiring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191225-234653.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	9894543

managed to finish up this rats nest tonight

Name:	20191227-003335.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	9894544

I don't know if ive showed you yet but the gauge panel layout does a pretty good job of giving me allot of information that I can see pretty easy. this is basically what it looks like from my point of view except i can actually see better than this since the camera has one eye not two

Name:	20191227-004335.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	9894545

got my DTC indicator and OBD port riveted securely to the panel.

Name:	20191227-010602.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9894546

the motor is ready to run right now but I thought itd be nice to have some gauges and stop lights and turn signals before I took it out for a little spin.

Comment

Good job. Glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you again.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

You shimmed up the pressure plate?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

This project remains riveting.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            Good job. Glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you again.
            yea man, thanks. itll be nice when I manage to drive it, im excited.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              You shimmed up the pressure plate?
              I actually did that at first using washers in between the pressure plate and flywheel, but then I talked to some people and went a different direction as far as clutch setup goes. which ill go into more detail if it ends up working out.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                This project remains riveting.

Name:	636522989263207609-AP-Saving-Rosies-Factory.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	9894727

Comment

got some lighting controls set up: turn signals, headlight/parking light switch, hazard flasher

Name:	20191227-234533.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	9894732

its really a mess back here so I better have done everything right lol

Name:	20191227-234617.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	9894733

and believe it or not this is what things coming together and the wiring almost set up looks like, just have to connect the power input and the ignition acc power and we should be good to go. ill tidy things up once I can see everything works fine.

Name:	20191228-000216.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	9894734

Comment

bled the clutch again just to get some fresh fluid in there. bled the brakes, man the pedal is hard as tits
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	405359497-tumblr_lqrxa9LmO01qemz6qo1_400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.2 KB ID:	9894805

no leaks so far so that's great. installed exhaust.

cars got new engine oil and filter, new coolant, new brake fluid, new tranny oil.

still gotta mount the dash to the car so its not loose and then install the seat harness.

going to use plates like these to set my toe so its safe. anybody ever use these before? should be decent I think. I was gonna run a slight toe in at first and then move towards a slight toe out.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	0601cl_05_z-truck_alignment_plates-.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	9894806

not planning to run front or real anti roll bar for now, hopefully that's not too big of a deal.

so im gonna try and finish those last couple things tonight and im gonna try for a test drive tomorrow, exciting!
                    hopefully clutch ends up working good! if not im gonna pull my hair out lol

Comment

time flies in the shop! only managed to weld some lap belt brackets I made to my seat brackets and then i riveted down my gauge panel, its pretty sturdy but only mounted at one central point on the steering column support so the corner has a bit of flex in it, may end up riveting that to the A pillar.

still gotta do an alignment and the shoulder belt mounting. ill keep you guys updated

Comment

I drove the car today!! well about 400 feet worth of driving LOL.

ive been scrambling in the shop all day trying to get it ready to go and as i got closer and closer it got darker and darker. when I finally finished and started the motor to drive it I had a serious gas leak at the fpr to hpfp connection and it was streaming fuel out onto the downpipe of all places lol so I decided I should shut it down and fix it. found a wrench that kinda fit and tightened her up. started up again and were all good. so I scooted her out of the shop, she drives so nimbly like a go cart and then as im going down the driveway I notice I have a DTC. bummer. its nearly dark anyways and I figured I better not push my luck and drive it with a DTC. so I shut her down and im going to try and get that dtc figure out. I really hope its nothing serious.

ive made a video for you guys that's still uploading due to my DSL phone line internet but should be ready soon.

Im really happy things are going good and I hope to cruise around tomorrow!!

Comment

heres my video update

hopefully I sort everything out and get some on the road video of the car driving tomorrow, that would be awesome.

Comment

Cool beans, hope you get the little things squared soon.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              Cool beans, hope you get the little things squared soon.
                              thanks man. its nice to have pretty much sorted out the big things, the foundation of the project and now I can dial in on the little things while I enjoy the car.

Comment

so funny enough a couple hours ago I went out and hooked up my horrible freight $20OBD scanner to the car and I got 0 DTC's. go figure. I don't know if that's accurate as the DTC lis somewhat illuminated, it is faint so I don't know whats going on there.

anyways rain started to approach so i wanted to put the car in the shop and with the scanner showing zero DTCs I decided to take her out. not good footage or sound even but this is the first drive(longer than 400ft) of the ecobeamer so I had to document it.

im really happy with how the car is driving. clutch is working great and transmission shifts great for a new tranny. I need to firm up the suspension, I scraped the oil pan within the first 2 mins from a dip in the road lol. car drives really good tracks straight and suspension feels great. and this thing is LOUD, not just the exhaust but the car in general. the turbo whistle is absolutely insane I think my downpipe to midpipe connection might be leaking a bit.

exciting stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X