No announcement yet.

Mr. B's House of Hoopties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this thread will just be a collection of all the cars..

New to me 1 owner 525i 5spd DD

102k on the clock, runs great. Just a few interior bits need to be replaced.

The drivers seat has the classic e39 seat twist, which isn't too hard to fix.

Untitled by Omar Albasateneh, on Flickr

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Finally cleaned the car up a bit and installed the BMW rack that the PO generously dropped off for me along with the missing rear head rests.
      Been driving the car around and it's been great so far. Just needs a few things, like interior bits, seat twist, stereo pixels and other e39 things

Still a steal, very happy with my active three car garage (Ranger, E30, E39)

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I see, quite the hooptie.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          ...I should get that Rusty FJ just to keep up with the times...
          If I have a good vert to play with I’d be more inclined to dump money into a rust bucket (not talking about the Alfa)
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Again, Dakota convertible is what you need.

Comment

My truck's steering has been particularly shitty recently... It was honestly difficult to drive the truck at highway speeds, so I ordered up the inner tie rod and drag link. Outer tie rods were changed when I got the truck, these ball joints were the last ones left.

I had a trip out to the desert this past weekend, so I wanted to address that. Also, my bake lines were pretty worn, so I picked up a set from 4wheel parts 20 minutes from my shop in compton, which was awesome. Extended for my lift and were supposed to be a direct fit.

Plenty of slack now for when the wheel drops and turns to lock

I love the look of beams. They're just so beefy

Also did some boring stuff, like turn the rotors and a fresh set of pads. Brake pedal was pulsing bad because of the rotors. Nice and smooth now.

Running out of things to replace on this lil fckr..

This is our plot of desert land. 'MERICA

Had a fun weekend shooting, drinking beers and continuing to clear the land of shrubs.

Next week I'll be returning to fill some ruts in the road for our up coming event. Will be taking a load of gravel and a drag mat to tidy it up. It's about a three mile stretch that needs to be worked on.

Many beers to drink. Many holes to fill. har har har

We got a drone now, so sick pics are cuming.

NEXT HOOPTIE

Got the HVAC panel out the e30 to fix some broken bulbs, a perpetually spinning recirculation stepper motor, the OBC display and tidy up some DIY stereo install nonsense. Also, my PS system has been a little leaky, so it's going to get a refresh on everything minus the rack.

Parts patiently waiting to be installed..

The nest

NEXT HOOTIE

The batteries in my e39 keys are both dead. If you don't know e39 keys and all others from that gen minus the 7 series had non serviceable batteries, so you have to cut the key open to access the battery, then you have to cut these tiny little spot welds on the prongs that contact either side of the battery.

DUMB - but we make it work

In recovery

Began the deep clean of the e39 interior and got some parts to fix the stereo pixel display, cupholders, the center storage bin and another storage tray on the armrest.

I purchased this pneumatic carpet tornado thingy. Worth every penny.

The amount of dust that came off was honestly disturbing.

Super happy with this tool

Smelt some burning of oil, so the VCG needs to be replaced today..

Comment

HVAC and OBC 'rebuild' is all done.

Also, added a 350mm sparco wheel which is the best mod to compliment the Z3 rack. No where near as twitchy and the wheel is much closer to me. I'm 6'1 so i got the seat back pretty far so those tight turns with the big MT1 wheel was not fun.

It's hard to see the cluster now with this wheel.. But still worth.

The Ranger got a small upgrade as well. The truck didn't come with a tach from the factory, but was optioned on the 6 cylinders and some 4 cylinder trucks. They're all plug and play even between different engines. My fuel gauge took a shit, so It was time to upgrade.

Having a manual truck with no tach, was super lame. Loving the look of the tach cluster layout.

This is what my interior endures after driving around in the desert for a couple days lol

New cluster got popped in this morning. 150 fucks and 5 minutes of work.

The truck did great this weekend.

I averaged about 21-22 MPG going uphill and eventually up the mountain fully loaded, maybe ~300 lbs and an extra person. I'm really enjoying the 4 banger rn. Especially w the gas prices rn.

Woke up one morning out in the desert with a flat... Full sized spare ftw.. Ended up blowing a valve stem.. drove into town and got it fixed. Other than that the Ranger did what it needed to do.

random e30 pics.. Sorry 2man, his i3 didn't make the cut lmaoooo

post canyon run pics in Malibu. We found some awesome one way twisty roads up in the canyons with no one in the way.. Had a great time up there with Simons i3, the 914 and myself

Comment

Picked up some 'bucket' seats from a 2000 Ford Explorer.

Driver's seat is fully powered. Got them for 30 bucks and they were pretty beat.

My trucks interior now is grey, but I'll be swapping the dash and panels for brown ones to match the new leather.

Super happy with how they turned out..

Before

Untitled by Omar Mountain, on Flickr

After

Untitled by Omar Mountain, on Flickr

Also, the 302 is gone, but I'm picking up the engines replacement this week and it's not American.... .....it's..... German

I'm sure one of you guys could guess what it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    Also, the 302 is gone, but I'm picking up the engines replacement this week and it's not American.... .....it's..... German

I'm sure one of you guys could guess what it is
                    M10, the clear upgrade path for a Lima, which says something.

Comment

Originally posted by mrburgundy View Post

also, the 302 is gone, but i'm picking up the engines replacement this week and it's not american.... .....it's..... German

i'm sure one of you guys could guess what it is
                      m42
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

M10, the clear upgrade path for a Lima, which says something.
                        har har har

NEVER

Comment

m42
                          Also WRONG.

It's got one more cylinder and a turbo

Comment

i3 swap?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Mercedes 5cyl turbo diesel.

Comment

i3 swap?
                                >:C

I would never

Comment

Working...
                                X