Mr. B's House of Hoopties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Got one more trip planned in the truck and then it's time to rip out the reliable Lima.
    Good, because I’m going to start assembling the bottom end of the twin Spark motor soon ;)
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Been lagging on the swap.. The shop is too busy for me to occupy a bay right now..

Transmission went out on the Avalanche, of course. Got back on the road this last week.

Shock mount went out in the e30 again... Fixed that, then a shock mount went on the e39 on Friday LOL.

4 hoopties can be a lot of work.

That being said, I found the time to retrofit my Rangers headlights, reflector housing lights are just trash for seeing anything.

Untitled by Omar Mountain, on Flickr

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Trucks are so R3V 2020... get with the times.
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Trucks are so R3V 2020... get with the times.
          Yeah, I can see that.. I'm the only one posting about a truck nowadays.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Yeah, I can see that.. I'm the only one posting about a truck nowadays.
            Hurry up and swap it..
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

The e30 is LOOKING GOOD

Comment

Would ya just look at it'

Sitting perfect. Wheels remind me of a set of ARE's I had once upon a time.
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

The e30 and e39 got headlight upgrades as well

Went with LED bulbs with decoders on both. Light output is not as great as an HID bulb, but it's good enough for me

Depo Smileys are so wildly mediocre, in terms of quality... You get what you pay for lol

I got some 250 dollars lights from headlight depot for the e30 and I'm very happy with those.. I was super skeptical to go with aftermark lights for the e39, because that's a super important part to the look of that specific car, but happy I went the route I did.

More boring posts coming...

Still held back on the diesel swap for the Ranger since the company for the adapter plate went out of business.. Around the time I found out, my milling machine took a shit... My Father and I decided to retrofit the whole machine with a new spindle, axis servos, drives and controller. That will take some time... Then I have to design the adapter plate and machine it, once I'm able to in order to do this swap.

Comment

Alright, gentlemen.

Running out of room, but there was still space for another whip and this was a car I've been keeping my eye out for.

1984 Mercedes 380SL r107 128k on the clock.

I do quite a bit of R107 work here at the shop and my clients are always wondering why I don't have one.. Then I started to ask myself why I don't have one..

Anyways, no need to ask anymore

Comment

Time to sell me the Vert?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Time to sell me the Vert?
                        No reason to yet.. I got the room and it's only going up in the long term..

Comment

Took the SL on it's first drive down PCH. Very solid car.

Had a hard warm start but that's a common fuel accumulator problem. Swapped it and now she starts up right away.

Two very different driving experiences. Both experiences are excellent

Comment

I used to never understand R107's, then I realized I don't have a country club membership, so of course I wouldn't understand. Just cruising.

Exciting E30. I think anyone active should just post an picture a day of their E30, even if its not the most up to date photo.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              I used to never understand R107's, then I realized I don't have a country club membership, so of course I wouldn't understand. Just cruising.

I think anyone active should just post an picture a day of their E30, even if its not the most up to date photo.
                              New thread idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Exciting E30. I think anyone active should just post an picture a day of their E30, even if its not the most up to date photo.
                                Yeah, if you're not into cruising then it's not for you.

I worked on them A LOT here at the shop and just grew to love them. Almost all of my clients absolutely love their R107s and most drive them daily, which it's great at doing, unless you're getting groceries. You can probably fit 2 small bags in the trunk.

It's such a high quality car, plenty of power, has that classic look and if you tend all the common problem areas it can be super reliable.

Most of them coming thru the shop have well over 200k on them.

I live near the beach and it's a perfect whip to listen to some tunes, go the speed limit and enjoy the scenery in... God, I'm getting old

I've really grown to love Mercs of the 70s and 80s. They're tanks

Comment

Working...
                                X