No announcement yet.

Sup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot on, he's an overwhelmingly negative/angry person from all accounts of others (both first hand in person, and over the internets).
    've never met him in person to my knowledge - but yeah, every interaction he's been negative online that I've seen.​

Was der affe's car in poor shape? Probably, but it's clear - it's his view of the world and only his, and everyone else is wrong.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      I clicked through the YouTube stuff pretty quick. He does have some good points about previous work not being safe, but also seems overwhelmingly negative in general.

What kind of stuff did he throw out? I only caught a clip of him chucking some pedal covers, a plate filler, and random speakers.
      Yeah, I mean the coilovers looked pretty bad with the old perches seemingly just cut off with a torch and not even cleaned up, and I can understand not wanting solid mounts everywhere, but he says megasquirt is pointless on an NA M20 lol. And then calls a factory (stock) euro plate filler "junk". I thought you liked stock parts dude, what's the matter? Seems like a goofy guy who just doesn't really understand what he's talking about.

Oh, and the aftermarket "junk" seats which appeared to be Recaros lol. Also, the rear wing which was probably some rare euro tuner part, maybe M-Tech, not sure.
      Last edited by rturbo 930; 02-12-2024, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Everyone can and should have their opinions, but then there is just being negative to be negative. I dunno, people are people I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Yeah, I mean the coilovers looked pretty bad with the old perches seemingly just cut off with a torch and not even cleaned up, and I can understand not wanting solid mounts everywhere, but he says megasquirt is pointless on an NA M20 lol. And then calls a factory (stock) euro plate filler "junk". I thought you liked stock parts dude, what's the matter? Seems like a goofy guy who just doesn't really understand what he's talking about.

Oh, and the aftermarket "junk" seats which appeared to be Recaros lol. Also, the rear wing which was probably some rare euro tuner part, maybe M-Tech, not sure.
          I think that wing was an e28 535is wing based on it overlapping the rear quarter panels.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

45mm ITB's on a stock M20 and he decides to pull off MS2 w/ wasted spark in favor of the stock Motronic system. Shows a driving video of a very rough driving car and claims no difference in performance/sound.

.... well, ok then.

Comment

Let us not forget the KYB inserts and the slotted/drilled rotors, because stock is just better, unless it isn't, and you'll know when that applies because I'll tell you.

Comment

So I will break it all down for every one. The car was a time capsule of sorts

The rear wing was a factory e28 M-tech 1 from an E-28 m-5, similar to a M- tech 1 for an E30, but slightly different. I had purchased it from Buddy off of his Zender body kitted car for $300 shipped and the rub her was soft and playable.

The pedal covers were JAMEX and a complete set. Think Tuning Zuberhor or vintage D&W catalog stuff if you are old enough. Pretty rare and super rare to find the complete 4 pieces kit.
                The seats are Recaro Trophy's for the 16v A-2 VWs. (I had an extra set from my Jetta) I had them reupholstered and a matching rear seat to match my Euro only black vinyl and gray material insert door panel set.

The Dbilas ITBs came on the car when I purchased it. They were NEVER meant to run in stock engine managment (he is talking out of this ass) it came from BMP with ARC-2AC a piggy back controller. I sold it to the person he purchased it from with a blended aloha-N/speed density map that needed completion and was on it's way to being great. They engine is also a 2.7 stroker ( 885 head n a SETA bottom end) with a GIANT CAM (Dbilas 230° cam).

Coilovers: I cut the perch off with a plasma cutter at my friends houses in his garage. I was not sure if I would need to lower the perch to get the height where I wanted it. When I sold the car, I gave the guy a set of strut housings that is had turned in the lathe then TIG welded a stop I had machined for the housings. I told the new owner about this and show they should be swapped and show easy ir would be. There were new-ish Bilstein inserts installed it at the time of sale.

The seatbelts are Schroth TUV/ADOT approved for use with the seats, not some generic belts.

Rear springs it is common. to use just the spring to get the rear low. This is not a problem unless you are planning to jump the car like the General Lee.

Oh yeah, the carpet was intact with a very small hole when I sold it, the decission to remove it was on the guy who bought it from me.

The extra fender was there because I miss drilled the clips holes for the IX flares causing the flare to sit funny.
                Last edited by der affe; 02-15-2024, 03:02 AM.
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Guy sounds like a real turd burglar. That's quite the history for it to end up in his hands.

Sup. Long time lurker. Started lurking again with 2 e30s in need of attention. I'd like to get at least one running again this year. We'll see if it works out.

der affe what kind of M30B54 into e30 parts do you have left?

Comment

I knew hackentt/Desertbmw was well disrespected in the tuning community for stealing tunes/being a hack, but didn't realize the extra usernames and how much further it reached lol.

Hate to give him views, but the second video opening was hilarious:

so the previous owner owner installed this but routed all of these vacuum lines improperly so the engine didn't run right and I looked online and I couldn't find any information on how to install it properly​
                    So he just fires it back together and doesn't mention it again.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

der affe what kind of M30B54 into e30 parts do you have left?​

Really all that is left is the AA Stage 2 supercharger kit. You would probably have to play with the tube routing a bit for an E30, at.least R3v is populated with people that can make shit on their own.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So when you have multiple throttle bodies and MS you need to run all the vacuume log to smooth out the pulses then run a single line into the MS unit to read from.

Funny thing is, he professed to be a MS guru and I always felt like something was not 100%. He told me he would look it over of it gave it to him with my stimulator for a couple of weeks and paid him $50. So I did and he said everything perfect. Turns out the guy who bought it from me (and sold it to him ) had no prior knowledge of MS, pulled it, researched it, ran the stim and found 1 bad driver amd 1 going bad then replaced both. He has a video of the whole process and. results. The expert missed it all and probably never touched it.

Comment

Yeah, none of that surprises me, it's an ego thing. Hence why instead of having his local group be the only active one I tried to get the other one going.
                          He used to ban people from disagreeing but also likes to say how much more active HIS E30 group is instead of the other one that was dormant for a long time.
                          Yet removes any mention of the other group because he's afraid to lose his little soap box.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post

der affe what kind of M30B54 into e30 parts do you have left?​

Really all that is left is the AA Stage 2 supercharger kit. You would probably have to play with the tube routing a bit for an E30, at.least R3v is populated with people that can make shit on their own.
                            Thanks for replying about what's left of those part. I don't think i can put that supercharger kit to good use on this project.

Comment

Working...
                            X