No announcement yet.

Obama: 6 month report card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too soon to judge. The guy took office in the middle of a shitstorm most definitely not of his making. And with the Republican Party's continuing alienation of the nation's upcoming largest voting group, AKA Latinos, you'd better get used to a Republican minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Old'n'Slow View Post
      Too soon to judge. The guy took office in the middle of a shitstorm most definitely not of his making. And with the Republican Party's continuing alienation of the nation's upcoming largest voting group, AKA Latinos, you'd better get used to a Republican minority.
      I wonder why they're one of the largest groups in the country

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
      And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Maybe I am not understanding you correctly, but what you are saying is that if you make minimum wage, you would pay no income taxes, and possibly get a check from the government during tax season?[/quote]

yeah it's to approximate/replace welfare and all the subsidies that currently do the same thing but cost more.
        It's not progressive, a simple % with a number subtraction. the % never goes up, there are no brackets.

the top 1% of income earners might still pay a huge % of the total taxes but we won't have to hear about it because it's the same % anyone else pays. They just make a ridiculous amount of money.

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        if i were you i'd find out what i was talking about before posting anymore.
        Next time your insurer drops you or raises your rates through the roof to make you drop because of chronic illness then tell me how happy the system is. It gets even better when you switch jobs and get denied coverage over pre-existing conditions. Yeah this system is working for me alright!
        sigpic
        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          Next time your insurer drops you or raises your rates through the roof to make you drop because of chronic illness then tell me how happy the system is. It gets even better when you switch jobs and get denied coverage over pre-existing conditions. Yeah this system is working for me alright!
          I've never heard of employer insurance denying a pre-existing condition. That's why it costs so much. I can get insurance on the open market for just the cost of what I pay for my company insurance (and they pay approx 3/4).

I know people that have come to work for this company and my last compnay purely because the health insurance is better and doesn't turn them down for pre-existing conditions.

Now health care on the open market for me did exclude pre-existing conditions, basically anything related to headaches/Post concussion syndrome/etc (from a Motorcycle wreck), but my company insurance covers it all.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            QFT, my mom was diagnosed with high blood pressure(stress related, occurs VERY seldomly) a month before changing jobs. Now her new insurer won't cover ANYTHING related to it. She can't even visit her doctor to get a simple prescription unless she wants to pay 600+ out of pocket for a 10 minute visit with a doctor.

Our healthcare system is totally fine though... /sarcasm

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
              If anyone gave a shit about honesty Ron Paul would have been in office.
              qft
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                I wonder why they're one of the largest groups in the country
                Because they have a right to live here too? Times are changing the white boy is no longer on top...

Comment

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
                  QFT, my mom was diagnosed with high blood pressure(stress related, occurs VERY seldomly) a month before changing jobs. Now her new insurer won't cover ANYTHING related to it. She can't even visit her doctor to get a simple prescription unless she wants to pay 600+ out of pocket for a 10 minute visit with a doctor.

Our healthcare system is totally fine though... /sarcasm
                  This is why we need new health care. Because of this bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                    Watch his next press conference with the audio turned off.

His body language and facial expressions say a lot about him, and that is, he is full of shit.

6 months in, and he's already below 50% job approval ratings in two major polls and in the low-mid 50's in several others.
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH dude i laughed sooooo fucking hard. you voted for Bush, didn't you? You probably thought he was the greatest president ever, didn't you?

Comment

my 2 cents.

I can't buy ammunition for my handguns anymore or if I find it, its tripled in cost. Obama is pushing getting every casing serialized and manufacturers have severely cut production to avoid rework if the bill passes. Who will have serialized ammo? Law abiding citizens. what a fucking joke.

Number 2. Socialized health care is the biggest fucking mistake we could ever make. I am an engineer in the orthopedic industry and interact with surgeons from all over the world and have seen first hand that their systems have effectively reduced the quality of care. Why do people flock to the US from canada, france, etc.? Theres no such thing as a free lunch guys. Everybody wants free money, free healthcare, free this and that. Im so sick of people looking for a handout. Our govt was built the way it is for a reason.

"a government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." Gerald Ford

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
                      Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
                        HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH dude i laughed sooooo fucking hard. you voted for Bush, didn't you? You probably thought he was the greatest president ever, didn't you?
                        It is pretty funny that people think if you hate Obama you worshiped Bush.
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          It is pretty funny that people think if you hate Obama you worshiped Bush.
                          Yeah, well, those who voted for Obama are not willing yet to admit their mistake. Plus, there's that whole deity thing going on. To admit Obama is wrong is to denounce their religion. Funny, to think that one of the main reasons these people voted for Obama was because they are afraid of religion, but they are willing to put 100% faith in their deity Obama. I think the irony is astoundingly funny.
                          1987 E30 325is
                          1999 E46 323i
                          RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                          oo=[][]=oo

Comment

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                              "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
                              Wow, h0lmes, you are like so, so, so profound dude.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
                                Yeah, well, those who voted for Obama are not willing yet to admit their mistake.
                                Mistake? After 6 months? The mistake was McCain/Palin being the hope of the Republicans. Most of America does not want to entrust the possible leadership of the country to a smarmy, winking, utter disaster like Palin. Never mind her religious leanings...."dinosaurs and man walked together", she says...."Jesus will return in her lifetime" she says....

Let’s review:

She thinks the earth is less than 7,000 years old, i.e. creationist. Check.
                                She thinks Jesus is coming back in her lifetime. Check.
                                It’s no wonder she wants to play rough with Iran and Russia—she doesn’t give a fuck what they do. If they get pissed off and start a nuclear war, no worries. Jesus will swoop in and save the believers anyway.

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
                                Plus, there's that whole deity thing going on. To admit Obama is wrong is to denounce their religion. Funny, to think that one of the main reasons these people voted for Obama was because they are afraid of religion, but they are willing to put 100% faith in their deity Obama.
                                I think you are assuming a unity of thought that does not exist in the real world. I don't know where all the Obama worshippers are, any more than I can find the deposed Bush worshippers! Bush had eight years to "fix" everything and still managed to leave one of the biggest messes in US history. To judge a man trying to put the country on a better track after 6 months is the height of hubris. In the end, the man is a politician, and I have learned to have little faith in them. But I will say "God save us from people like Palin".
                                Last edited by Old'n'Slow; 08-01-2009, 10:58 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X