No announcement yet.

A "real" M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, the original M3 is slower than the newer one. BMW engineers haven't sat on their ass for 20 years after all. But a Ferrari Dino is also slower than a newer production one, a Mercedes Gullwing or a 300 are also slower than an SL600. But does it mean that the pleasure to drive those older cars cannot be much higher?

I embarass many well driven e36 M3s and e46 M3s even at fast tracks such as Mont-Tremblant. Simply because the e30 M3 is driver car that requires... to be driven. So, more engine doesn't necessarely make a better car. To take an e46 M3 and start making it handle decently will require about $10k in upgrades. And the rear floor pan will still crack at the suspension pick-up points (there's a current class action in the US for all the e36 and e46 cars). So, yes, newer cars are possibly technicaly more advanced, but it doesn't make them "better"...
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      So, yes, newer cars are possibly technicaly more advanced, but it doesn't make them "better"...

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
      And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        Sure, the original M3 is slower than the newer one. BMW engineers haven't sat on their ass for 20 years after all. But a Ferrari Dino is also slower than a newer production one, a Mercedes Gullwing or a 300 are also slower than an SL600. But does it mean that the pleasure to drive those older cars cannot be much higher?

I embarass many well driven e36 M3s and e46 M3s even at fast tracks such as Mont-Tremblant. Simply because the e30 M3 is driver car that requires... to be driven. So, more engine doesn't necessarely make a better car. To take an e46 M3 and start making it handle decently will require about $10k in upgrades. And the rear floor pan will still crack at the suspension pick-up points (there's a current class action in the US for all the e36 and e46 cars). So, yes, newer cars are possibly technicaly more advanced, but it doesn't make them "better"...
        There is no absolute definition of "better." For some people, a minivan is better than some stupid overpriced BMW that rides badly, has no cupholders, doesn't shift its own gears and can only haul two around comfortably, with no built-in TV.

The old and new M3s fill different niches. That doesn't make either one of them "better."

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          There is no absolute definition of "better." For some people, a minivan is better than some stupid overpriced BMW that rides badly, has no cupholders, doesn't shift its own gears and can only haul two around comfortably, with no built-in TV.

The old and new M3s fill different niches. That doesn't make either one of them "better."
          But you agree that someone who calls the original M3, a fake M3, should be shot.

SC*AR

And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
            But you agree that someone who calls the original M3, a fake M3, should be shot.
            When was that even in question? Drag him out back.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              When was that even in question? Drag him out back.
              And anally fist him.

SC*AR

Comment

And anally fist him.
                Just give him to blunt and tell him what he said.

Comment

And anally fist him.
                  NO
                  thats gross

Comment

Originally posted by alexw View Post
                    This coming from someone who owns an E30 M3? Or just drove one once, or on a video game?
                    I've got plenty of experience behind the wheel of real-life E30 M3s and just about every other production M car they've made. I've also got a lot of experience driving stock and modified performance cars from the last 40 years as it was part of my job to test them and review them.

Even against stuff like 2.7 RS 911s the E30 M3 is a cool car and is a fun car. I never said it wasn't. To say it is a better car than an E46 M3 Competition Sport is not true. If you skew the test to one particular facet over another you will always get your favourite to win.

Ignorance is bliss. The less people buying and ruining E30s, the better for us. Hopefully they drive one of those Ford Explorers that have tyre blow-outs.
                    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

i can tell you what
                      the one car i have to own before i die is a hellrot box stock M3
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I want a white E30 M3 and a white Delta Integrale Evoluzione2 in my garage. I'd even sacrifice my goal of owning a 911 to own them.

I only say this 'cause I know my regular E30 will be faster than both of them :p
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

the comparison of the e30 m3 to any other m3 is stupid. all the other ones are compromised while the e30 m3 is for purists, which is why many e30 m3 owners don't respect them. that said, i would kill for an interlagos blue e90 m3

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

Originally posted by pootietang View Post
                            the comparison of the e30 m3 to any other m3 is stupid. All the other ones are compromised while the e30 m3 is for purists, which is why many e30 m3 owners don't respect them. That said, i would kill for an interlagos blue e90 m3
                            e92 > e90

SC*AR

Comment

Working...
                            X