Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds pretty unbelievable -- Good luck with your recovery George

Comment

holy shit. gl with recovery bro. holy shit.

What do you think when you are in a coma? i've always wondered....if you don't mind..

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

so were you posting from the hospital or have you been released?

did you remember anything in your coma? i didn't. shit it wiped out my first day out of it's memories.
        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

agian damn

Comment

damn, it is crazy how your day can end up.

Happy you pulled through and are working on a speedy recovery, best wishes.

Comment

best of luck with your recovery.

Comment

ah, c'mon now, that's no excuse to not be posting on this and other fine forums! The Docs should have had a T1 connection plumbed into your head so you could still be up to date on forum happenings! :)

just kidding man - glad to see you're on the road to recovery and that you are one who is able to be where you are right now, as you are well aware, you were in a very precarious situation... We're happy to see you back online and wish you a speedy and healthy recovery!!

(ok, so, how hot were some of those nurses? ya know, there's always at least 1 hottie in the bunch...) :nice: :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
                  Dont forget rehabs a bitch but it works.
                  Yea - there are days I gets kinda frustrated. I didn't know it would take this long to rebuild muscle and nerve.

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                  are you out of the hospital yet?
                  Good god yes - I was in there for something like 6 weeks - I'm out, but I go back for blood work, keep tabs on my recovery and keep the drugs I'm on balanced to my recovery. They are keeping a close eye on me. I have pulse-oxy monitor at home and pure oxygen machine at home just in case I need it.

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                  this will totally change your outlook on life
                  Already has.

Originally posted by BigD View Post
                  So did they ever figure out exactly what it was?
                  Not really - it was a Streptococcus infection in my lungs, and then a few other infections piled on top of it. No clue how or where I got it. It was a total freak thing. Now, to be safe, everything I own is being thrown away, or disinfected a few time.

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  did you remember anything in your coma?
                  I do - they let you raise above the drugs each night - and that is a nighmare. Honestly it's all a blur - the entire month of August. It all could have been a dream. Lets just say that it's not all cotton candy and puppy dog tails and leave it at that.

Originally posted by Cobra Jet View Post
                  (ok, so, how hot were some of those nurses? ya know, there's always at least 1 hottie in the bunch...)
                  Oh, oh, yes my friend. There were some hotties. Two very cute nurses gave me a head to toe towel bath. Soooo, I can check that off the list now.
                  Last edited by george graves; 02-24-2016, 03:45 AM.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Good to see you in high spirits. Godspeed in your recovery.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                    Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                    Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                    Wrap all my things in aluminum
                    Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                    Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                    Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                    Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

best wishes for your recovery!
                      Thats an incredible journey you unknowingly took.
                      Glad your doing well

Comment

Thanks. Recovery is going a lot slower than what I imagined - but i really can't complain about that. Standing up is becoming easier and easier - but about 10 mins of work and I'm exhausted.

My latest issue is with eating. I had a feeding tube for a while - but that went past my stomach and into my small intestine. Rest of the time it was a IV pic line going right to my heart. So for about 6 weeks I didn't have food in my stomach - so it contracted down to the size of a walnut. All I'm able to take in is about 600-800 calories a day(I'm 6'2 about 250 lbs). Way less then what I need to rebuild muscle. Some days I have to take hot showers just to stay warm. I have a appointment on Wednesday, I might have to do an take-home IV for nutrients if they will let me.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

dude, your pretty bad ass to pull it back together after that ordeal! Good luck!

Build, break, repair, repeat.
                          91 300zx TT
                          03 540i Msport
                          91 318is track
                          89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
                          R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

go to in&out and stretch that thing out
                            Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                            Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Thanks. Recovery is going a lot slower than what I imagined - but i really can't complain about that. Standing up is becoming easier and easier - but about 10 mins of work and I'm exhausted.

My latest issue is with eating. I had a feeding tube for a while - but that went past my stomach and into my small intestine. Rest of the time it was a IV pic line going right to my heart. So for about 6 weeks I didn't have food in my stomach - so it contracted down to the size of a walnut. All I'm able to take in is about 600-800 calories a day(I'm 6'2 about 250 lbs). Way less then what I need to rebuild muscle. Some days I have to take hot showers just to stay warm. I have a appointment on Wednesday, I might have to do an take-home IV for nutrients if they will let me.
                              try a whey protein shake in addition to your meal. not a weight gainer, just the regular protein. nectar actually makes some that taste good (they are fruit juice flavored) that should at least help. they wanted me to drink insure (4-5 cans a day!) way to much sugar! i talked the docs into letting me have the whey protein insted. just check with them first.
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wow, it's going to be rough but when you get through this things will be very different I'm sure. Keep plugging away man. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X