Great Beer/Alcohol Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • quikveedb2
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    But then again, I do live in th beer capital of the world so... 8)
    i'm sorry, what's that you say?

    http://www.examiner.com/beer-in-nati...ults-announced

    i agree with some of you. beer, like anything else, is about balance. most ipa's are garbage (imo), real beers showcase ALL the ingredients. the whole hop-the-living-shit out of beer thing is a trend, and, i might add, a shitty one.

    Leave a comment:


  • dkbmxer002
    replied
    i wished i liked ipa's because there are so many out there.. but i just can't drink em.

    Leave a comment:


  • Super Sedan
    replied
    Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

    Leave a comment:


  • rooster
    replied
    yummm bud light

    Leave a comment:


  • Heysüß
    replied
    spaten mmmmmmmm

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by teh_activ
    Im drinking an Arrogant Bastard Ale at the moment, looks bad ass and tastes great has anyone had it?
    Had one at the Airport in Salt Lake City about a month ago, it was alright-a bit hoppy for my personal taste.

    "The Devastor" from Wasatch Breweries I believe was fucking outstanding.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by delfin
    back in the states=great white

    but nothing in the states compares to what they have over here.

    I've had tons of German lagers, weissbiers, hefeweizens, bocks, etc, and have never really founf any of them that great. Spaten Oktoberfest and Augustinerbrau are about the only ones worth buying.
    Too many of the Bavarian breweries still follow the Reinheitsgebot, which really prevents you from making anything interesting.

    But then again, I do live in th beer capital of the world so... 8)

    Leave a comment:


  • assoutE12
    replied
    Originally posted by delfin
    back in the states=great white

    but nothing in the states compares to what they have over here.
    fuck that, I didn't drink one real good beer when I was in europe that I cant buy at any local liquor store (chimay). not saying it doesn't exist just that I didn't find it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by delfin
    back in the states=great white

    but nothing in the states compares to what they have over here.
    common misconception.

    edit: But if you ever find yourself looking at bottle of Desperados then I would suggest you buy it.
    Last edited by Dozyproductions; 08-27-2010, 11:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • delfin
    replied
    back in the states=great white

    but nothing in the states compares to what they have over here.

    Leave a comment:


  • assoutE12
    replied
    Originally posted by dkbmxer002
    i thought double bastard was already out?
    I'm sure they make a batch every year, I have a 3 qt bottle of 06 chillin as we speak. I attended a beer pairing dinner my brother did for stone a while back, I love their beer and wish I could buy it in Kansas.

    Leave a comment:


  • dkbmxer002
    replied
    i need to get my growler refilled from cigar city brewing in tampa.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiftbmw
    replied
    I have a bottle of Double Bastard and a Vertical Epic in the fridge right now.

    Currently drinking a Lagunitas Brown Shugga'.

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    I live like 20 minutes from Stone. Sometimes I go do the free tour for some free beer before I get growler filled.

    Leave a comment:


  • dkbmxer002
    replied
    i thought double bastard was already out?

    Leave a comment:

Working...