Great Beer/Alcohol Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Hick
    ive said it once, Ill say it again.... Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout.... wonderful... as a matter of fact, im going to get one from my fridge.

    Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale is interesting... Optimator Spaten Munich is pretty good. Brookly Brown Ale is good too.

    Arrogant Bastard is WAY too bitter for me.

    www.ratebeer.com
    I agree with the two underlined ones, haven't tried Dogfish/Brookly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Optimator
    replied
    Originally posted by Hick
    Optimator Spaten Munich is pretty good.
    I like you too. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Hick
    replied
    ive said it once, Ill say it again.... Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout.... wonderful... as a matter of fact, im going to get one from my fridge.

    Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale is interesting... Optimator Spaten Munich is pretty good. Brookly Brown Ale is good too.

    Arrogant Bastard is WAY too bitter for me.

    Last edited by Hick; 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • quikveedb2
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Any widely distributed Asheville brews I should be on the lookout for? That is, ones that I can get in Portland.
    highland is probably the most common; http://www.highlandbrewing.com/, lots of 'em are really small & not widely distributed. i really enjoy green man; http://www.jackofthewood.com/, and lab's chocolate stout is badass http://www.lexavebrew.com/if you're ever in the southeast, this is the place to come to drink craft beer, for sure.

    Originally posted by whodwho
    It is about taste/preference - some like beer sweet some like it bitter, like wines some like it sweet some like it dry.

    It isn't a trend but a style (originally over-hopping was for a preservative) and most that don't like hoppy beers wouldn't drink it even if it was trendy.
    coming from a culinary background i maintain that i prefer balanced beers, i can appreciate the style of the ipa, but i think it creates too much focus on 1 aspect of the brew. the trappist monks & belgium in general do balanced beer well, i think. gulden draak is the shit, period. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/155

    Leave a comment:


  • Super Sedan
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    They're out of NH, right? That 90min is a beast. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting their 120min one.
    As someone else mentioned, Delaware.

    I have a bottle of 120-minute from 2008, aging for another day. Sometimes it's hard to not pop it open, but I always have something else in the fridge for those moments.

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by dkbmxer002
    i hate you.
    i know you do :D

    Leave a comment:


  • dkbmxer002
    replied
    i hate you.

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by teh_activ
    Im drinking an Arrogant Bastard Ale at the moment, looks bad ass and tastes great has anyone had it?
    I live 5 minutes from the brewery and get my growler filled every week! :D Im actually going right now haha

    Leave a comment:


  • DragonOrta
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Maybe it wasn't AB Ale I tried then? My Vegas trip is a bit foggy, started with a few screwdrivers on the plane from Tulsa to SLC and it just continued from there.

    Barleywine an IPA on meth? Are you just referring to the alcohol content? Cause usually Barelywine is VERY malty, like almost too much for me. And all I basically drink are Stouts/Porters.
    a lot of people would consider Ab ale to be pretty hoppy. And I definitely don't know how you can consider barleywine to be an ipa on meth, unless your specifically thinking about Sierra Nevada Bigfoot or troegs Flying Mouflan, both of which can be hoppy when really fresh.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by lga714
    Lately I've been drinking Barleywine. That shit is ridiculous, its like an IPA on meth.
    Maybe it wasn't AB Ale I tried then? My Vegas trip is a bit foggy, started with a few screwdrivers on the plane from Tulsa to SLC and it just continued from there.

    Barleywine an IPA on meth? Are you just referring to the alcohol content? Cause usually Barelywine is VERY malty, like almost too much for me. And all I basically drink are Stouts/Porters.

    Leave a comment:


  • lga714
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Had one at the Airport in Salt Lake City about a month ago, it was alright-a bit hoppy for my personal taste.

    "The Devastor" from Wasatch Breweries I believe was fucking outstanding.
    Really? You're gonna have to excuse me as I'm a bit of a dork when it comes to booze. Arrogant Bastard does have some hops to it but its completely overpowered by the malt. AB is one of my favorites, bought a 12 pack for 36 bucks at Costco lol!!

    Anyway, I like all styles of beer except for the fruity ones, fuck those. There's definitely a time and a place for different beers. If I was eating a steak I'd want a nice porter or a dark ale, IPA/Pale Ales I like to drink with spicy Chinese or Mexican food, Coors Light with a microwave pizza or a 39 cent taco from Del Taco at 3am. Lagers on a Sunday afternoon at home watching football.

    Lately I've been drinking Barleywine. That shit is ridiculous, its like an IPA on meth. I think Dogfish Head makes one with a 15% ABV! I haven't had it but I've heard good things. If you're into trying different types of beer I highly recommend picking up some Barleywine, although be careful I was not impressed with Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Ale, but I was in shock over the Stone's Old Guardian Barleywine.

    If you're a fan of bourbon I must recommend Woodford Reserve. It's the fastest growing bourbon in the US, and I believe it has the highest retention rate than any other whiskey/bourbon/scotch.
    Keep your eye out for this bottle...

    Leave a comment:


  • georgE30
    replied
    Kostritzer

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by teh_activ
    Im drinking an Arrogant Bastard Ale at the moment, looks bad ass and tastes great has anyone had it?
    Had one before, wasn't a fan of it. It's got a hell of a kick, but the aftertaste is pretty bad. I'm just not a fan of IPA's.

    Hell, when it comes to beer I like a slight hop taste but not much. I guess because I'm still semi-young. I don't really drink beer for flavor, I drink it to get drunk, so I prefer Bud Light, Tecate, Dos Equis, and Steel Reserve.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Bought some Dogfish Head "Miles Davis Bitch's Brew" tonight. It was in the box of crazy micros that I dropped $110 on tonight haha. The next "Tasting Night" will be a pleasurable one :)

    Leave a comment:


  • emoshun
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimator
    Fine scotch whiskies also tickle my throat just right.
    I had a double of my Glenfiddich 18 last night and thought of you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...