Great Beer/Alcohol Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • freeride53
    replied
    I'm finna hop on that F34R hype with STELLA ARTOIS

    Leave a comment:


  • klavender1
    replied
    Originally posted by emoshun
    Fuck I just remembered it's about that time again!
    I thought this thread was about beer? I don't see any beer.

    This tonight:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • delfin
    replied
    I'm in brussels for belgian beer weekend, going to bad durkheim wine fest next weekend, and then oktoberfest after that. Woo.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by emoshun
    Fuck I just remembered it's about that time again!
    Starts in two weeks! I went last year for the 200th Anniversary. I'm pretty sure I'm headed over again in a month. It's a pretty epic party.

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    Originally posted by DragonOrta
    Traditional lambic will have miles of complexity from the different flavors the bacteria and wild yeast have, while the sweetened lambics will just taste like a sweet dessert drink.

    Lindemanns is back sweetened with artificial sweetener (i.e. Equal/Splenda) that the yeast can't eat, so it's a lot sweeter than traditional lambic. If you find a nice Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus or a Drie Fontienen Hommage, it'll be dry and sour with a fruity tartness, not a sweet fruit flavor like Lindemanns will have.
    Most people can't taste a lambic right. You cant go from a run of the mill micro right to a lambic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    I'm going to have to try a real, traditional lambic. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • DragonOrta
    replied
    Originally posted by Gooch
    Why do you say this? I'm not trying to attack you or anything, my girlfriend loves the framboise. Is it the "Miller Lite" of lambic? (I know nothing about it, please educate me).
    Traditional lambic will have miles of complexity from the different flavors the bacteria and wild yeast have, while the sweetened lambics will just taste like a sweet dessert drink.

    Lindemanns is back sweetened with artificial sweetener (i.e. Equal/Splenda) that the yeast can't eat, so it's a lot sweeter than traditional lambic. If you find a nice Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus or a Drie Fontienen Hommage, it'll be dry and sour with a fruity tartness, not a sweet fruit flavor like Lindemanns will have.

    Leave a comment:


  • emoshun
    replied
    Fuck I just remembered it's about that time again!

    Leave a comment:


  • RickSloan
    replied
    Farking Love Lindemanns and Strongbow cider or Magners

    so good...

    Leave a comment:


  • Peterkaczynski
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    I think to truly appreciate vodka you need to be raised with it through your heritage. I've been sipping on Zubrowka since I was a little kid at the dinner table. (we're polish) A good vodka is never something for you to get sloshed over. I never understood why Chopin was considered that great but to each their own.



    Way higher alcohol content and with plums is śliwowica. As with many of the spirits in Poland and those places, this is something you should watch out for. While camping some of the old timers would sip this or a home made citrus spirit and lights out.


    this.

    Leave a comment:


  • emoshun
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimator
    With the leaves changing color, so do my tastes in beer. I want more malty beers in the fall, like marzens and bocks.

    Maybe even an Optimator. :giggle:
    You silly goose!

    Leave a comment:


  • Killacortes
    replied
    chuckanut kolsch and mannys ipa

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    Originally posted by DragonOrta
    (stay away from Lindemanns)
    Why do you say this? I'm not trying to attack you or anything, my girlfriend loves the framboise. Is it the "Miller Lite" of lambic? (I know nothing about it, please educate me).

    Leave a comment:


  • Optimator
    replied
    Originally posted by emoshun

    Who notices their beer palette changing with the season?
    With the leaves changing color, so do my tastes in beer. I want more malty beers in the fall, like marzens and bocks.

    Maybe even an Optimator. :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    There are some good vodkas out there. Ultimat, Jewel of Russia, Chopin, to name a few. I can appreciate them on their own in the right context. But it's no coincidence that vodka cocktails are a rarity on the menus of the country's top bars.
    I think to truly appreciate vodka you need to be raised with it through your heritage. I've been sipping on Zubrowka since I was a little kid at the dinner table. (we're polish) A good vodka is never something for you to get sloshed over. I never understood why Chopin was considered that great but to each their own.



    Way higher alcohol content and with plums is śliwowica. As with many of the spirits in Poland and those places, this is something you should watch out for. While camping some of the old timers would sip this or a home made citrus spirit and lights out.


    Last edited by Dozyproductions; 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...