Great Beer/Alcohol Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mlarsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Jparkr
    Thats one of my go-to beers. I'm glad more and more places are stocking it.



    This is boss shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • emoshun
    replied
    I'd like to try more smoked porters as the season's changing.

    I've had Stone SP and Alaskan SP, but I need to find Great Divide Brewing Baltic SP for a taste.

    Who notices their beer palette changing with the season?

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by 801coppertop
    Along the lines of a more expensive vodka gets you less strong flavor, as is the case with gin the more you spend the smoother it gets. Gin in my opinion is the best of all liquor!
    There really aren't any really expensive gins. Old Raj is like $60, and it's overpriced.

    Most gins worth drinking are like $30 a fifth.

    Nearly all of the dozen or so gins I have are local, so it's hard to make a recommendation without knowing how wide their distribution is. I think Aviation is available nationwide.

    Leave a comment:


  • 801coppertop
    replied
    Along the lines of a more expensive vodka gets you less strong flavor, as is the case with gin the more you spend the smoother it gets. Gin in my opinion is the best of all liquor!

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryann
    Eh, I can't get too geeked out on trying to describe it other than it's a properly balanced and relatively easy drinking beer with some % and a good set of flavors depending on drinking temp. I used to pick it up at John's Market on Multnomah (near the curves).
    Word. I'll give it a try. I think we have a keg shell that needs to go back to John's...

    Leave a comment:


  • Sample UF
    replied
    I don't drink alcohol but today was my brother's 23rd birthday, so I got him a bottle of Courvoisier XO.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    I haven't actually. Is it easy to find?

    I've had a lot of Bavarian lagers brewed under the Reinheitsgebot, which is pretty constraining. What makes it interesting?
    Eh, I can't get too geeked out on trying to describe it other than it's a properly balanced and relatively easy drinking beer with some % and a good set of flavors depending on drinking temp. I used to pick it up at John's Market on Multnomah (near the curves).

    Leave a comment:


  • Dagamus(NM)
    replied
    It is hot out. I prefer silver mullet or lone star when thirsty. Torpedo by the case from costco and then an assortment of other dank beers when in the mood. Mackeson triple stout is great when I can find it.

    Liquor, jameson when drinking volume. Aberlour A'Bunadh cask strength or germain robain california brandy when drinking for quality. Delamain, Herradura Suprema Selecion, Don Julio 1942, or Patron Platinum if in the mood.

    I don't just hoard car parts. I keep the well stocked under the kitchen counter.





    These are great, just don't really fit on the shelf.

    Leave a comment:


  • DragonOrta
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R
    First off, can you name a few good sour beers to try? I am getting used to beer aftertaste and it is growing on me. I really HATE the woody bark type ending beers.
    If you're near the city, you should be able to get a hold of some Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen (two of the top lambic brewers/blenders), Hanssens, or Oud Beersel, which are all Belgian brewers of sour beer.

    If you can't get a hold of any of the Belgian traditional lambic producers (stay away from Lindemanns), Russian River (almost any of their -tion beers, ie. Beatification) and Cascade make some of the best American interpretations of Belgian sours. Since you're in New York, you might be able to get a hold of Ithaca Brewing Company's Brute.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryann
    Ken have you tried Einbecker's Mai-Ur-Bock? A very interesting German beer imo, brewed under the Reinheitsgebot.
    I haven't actually. Is it easy to find?

    I've had a lot of Bavarian lagers brewed under the Reinheitsgebot, which is pretty constraining. What makes it interesting?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Ken have you tried Einbecker's Mai-Ur-Bock? A very interesting German beer imo, brewed under the Reinheitsgebot.

    Leave a comment:


  • RCWells
    replied
    enjoying a Liberty Ale right now. Ohh, it's sooo good.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by klavender1
    I really like Southern Tier's Unearthly imperial IPA. What does saison taste like? I've been meaning to try it.
    The Saison is a bit florally, but not as much as some of the hardcore Belgians.

    Leave a comment:


  • klavender1
    replied
    I really like Southern Tier's Unearthly imperial IPA. What does saison taste like? I've been meaning to try it.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    I've definitely had it before at their brewpub in Portland. Is it a black IPA? I can't remember.

    Leave a comment:

Working...