X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words!

Not really a sport bike, as it's rather slow. Think of it as the 318is of the E30 family, quick, great in the corners, won't win a drag race.

I do look forward to riding the Super 6 again, even if I really want a VFR 800 to tool around on.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
    Omg, an SRX600!! Wow, my dad bought one in new in '86 and commuted on it for years.

Fun bike, so narrow, so thumpy.

Yeah, ONLY has a kick starter, no electric start at all!!

Only made them one year...
    AND its a thumper?? A fucking kick start only, thumper sport bike from yamaha? damn, that ticks all the right boxes in my book

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Omg, an SRX600!! Wow, my dad bought one in new in '86 and commuted on it for years.

Fun bike, so narrow, so thumpy.

Yeah, ONLY has a kick starter, no electric start at all!!

Only made them one year...

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    nice! Honestly never heard of that model until now, from what I've read they are pretty rare, very cool, and even cooler it has a kick starter!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Finally got my motorcycle out of the shed, looked at the records and realized that I haven't ridden it in over three years! Now to refresh what needs doing, and to get some new gear to boot.

For those of you not in the know it's an '86 Yamaha SRX-600.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post

Looks pretty mean IMO. The tank looks really oversized, but for some reason I really like it.
    I know I couldn't build one this nice, but I'd like to head in this direction.
    Anything is possible, really from what I see the majority of the work into that bike is the subframe/seat area, all mounting points for fairings/wiring tucked/smoothed, and then other odds and ends such as headlight assy (which that one looks great btw, hate those "street fighter" BS lights they sell on ebay, bleh) different front rotors, slip on, aftermarket clip ons etc etc

Really the key to a good street fighter is to make everything as tucked and smooth/oem looking as possible. Take a look at a factory naked street bike such as a Ducati Monster or Triumph Speed Triple, thats what you want to aim for. I cant stand seeing all these half assed "Street Fighter" conversions on craigslist after the owner crashed it, literally just taking the fairings off and calling it a naked bike

I'm not saying I'm a master bike builder or anything, but if I can do it, you def can guy

What I would be more concerned with in regards to that ZX7 is engine damage, be it from crashing, being thrashed on and what not. If your going to buy that bike, make sure to look over that motor/trans for any damage or cracks/leaks etc, I had an R6 I bought that the guy had JB welded the timing chain side of the head together, those bikes suffer from the engine mount, conveniently mounted as part of the head, breaking off during crashes/wheelies, I cant believe it still ran.

offer him like 7-800, cant hurt and worse he can say is no

Leave a comment:

• jag09
    replied
    Anyone here ride a v-rod? Wish there was a better way to package that engine because its a blast, beside the gear ratio.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G View Post
    Eh. not my style. I would pass. But if it's what you're into.

Looks pretty mean IMO. The tank looks really oversized, but for some reason I really like it.
    I know I couldn't build one this nice, but I'd like to head in this direction.

Leave a comment:

• Massive Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by Downz View Post
    I've always heard good things about that gen 1000F, plus its a great looking bike, kind of reminds me of an air liner in a good way, how did you like yours?
    The best bike I've ever owned. Great Sport Tourer. Could ride all day long and still feel fresh at the end.

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    Eh. not my style. I would pass. But if it's what you're into.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Good idea/bad idea for a street fighter-ish bike?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1233213305

2000 ZX7
    Price $1000
    Engine Displacement (cc) 750
    Kilometers 20,000
    Year 2000

Got a 2000 zx7 ninja runs perfect. Bike was dropped needs some work. Can be fix. Frame not bent. Has papers. for pictures and more info text or call 9022213216 need gone asap ! Thanks.
    Edit: forgot to post the other ad:
    2000 zx7r was in a small accident . Frame its straight . No bent forks. Starts right up no problem. Was going to fix it but have no time. Needs front tire and rim and a few other small odds and ends. Nothing serious. Has papers. Looking for 1400$ obo or trade for cars trucks or other bikes or atvs . Message for pictures thanks
    Last edited by Northern; 01-31-2017, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

I've always heard good things about that gen 1000F, plus its a great looking bike, kind of reminds me of an air liner in a good way, how did you like yours?

On/off topic, went riding all weekend and went to supercross, tons of fun, sadly the WR is not too happy, fork seals gave out on one of the shocks, and its pissing fuel, float doesnt appear to be sticking, so gotta tear it apart again :(. Oh well, such as life

Leave a comment:

• TheTacoMan
    replied

I wish the big four could make something along the lines of this.

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Killer! Ive always liked those early 80s jap bikes with the minimal plastics on them, I'm quite partial to the orig Katana myself, and its upgraded 1135 Yoshi cousin
    I had one. Black and blue with the silver script. 750cc Canadian edition.
    They really are cool, great balance of power, handling, brakes, riding position, etc. I am not sure why Honda currently doesn't offer something similar. Their CB1100 is big and conservative, others in the sport range are either have full plastics or are 300-500 twins kinda aimed at the lower or entry market.

I would like to see more inline 4 cylinders in the 600 to 750 range, basically a modern Nighthawk. The SV650 and FZ6 seemed popular enough based on the market and magazine reviews so...?

I would even be really interested in the Asian market CB400F, high revving 400cc inline 4 for Japan and AUS.

Hit the track, the road or leave the tarmac behind on a purpose-built Honda Motorcycle. Fuel efficiency, style and reliability is standard!

or this with a less ugly front fairing...

Carve the streets with attitude, presence and all-round versatility on a Honda Motorcycle. Slip through city traffic with ease, or hit the open road. Stand out, be bold and enjoy the ride.

Leave a comment:

• Massive Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
    I had one. Black and blue with the silver script. 750cc Canadian edition.
    Loved it. I toured the US with it in 1987. Then got a Hurricane 1000, which was kinda commercial flop for Honda. They had a warehouse full of them for years. Then bought a first year (1990 ?) Honda CBR1000F. With Captain America livery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X